12 Posts

Camel Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on camel finishing second rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi seeing as you are paid out on the first and second camel.If say the winning camel wins by a distance do you carry on to see who is second or does it stop there and whoever is lying second at that point is second.Thanks Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
Yes, once a camel passes the finish line the race ends. So the second camel is simply the one behind the came that went over the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Dalager
Canada
Bowser
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The race ends and camel that is currently in second is second...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for that.Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This makes me think....could you run a variant where you do run the rest of the race to see who the 2nd Camel to cross the finish line is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
This makes me think....could you run a variant where you do run the rest of the race to see who the 2nd Camel to cross the finish line is?

Of course you could. There is nothing stopping you from continuing the race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would just be adding maybe a couple more rounds, or turns even. Hmm..I may try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you for all your input on this. I have just bought the game and if you think about it in any racing you can't come second until you cross the line.Also the betting could be close between the players and would add that bit extra of excitement and could change the final result.I will give it a try. Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave345 wrote:
Thank you for all your input on this. I have just bought the game and if you think about it in any racing you can't come second until you cross the line.Also the betting could be close between the players and would add that bit extra of excitement and could change the final result.I will give it a try. Dave.

Youll probably get to it before I do, doesnt see my table too often, though I love it so far. Im curious to hear how it plays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We will be playing a game tonight with 4 players and all agreed that when the winning camel crosses the finish line alone there will be no more betting allowed or laying of tiles whoever took the winning camel across the line the next player will simply use the dice and continue in a clockwise direction until there is a clear second camel.Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave345 wrote:
We will be playing a game tonight with 4 players and all agreed that when the winning camel crosses the finish line alone there will be no more betting allowed or laying of tiles whoever took the winning camel across the line the next player will simply use the dice and continue in a clockwise direction until there is a clear second camel.Dave.

Playing by the rules will give you a clear second camel already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Newton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes I realise that it would already give you a clear second I just mean make them race for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.