Hide
5 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Crash on my first game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Houston
msg tools
So frustrated! I just got this game for my birthday, and I couldn't wait to tear into it. We had a game up and running, first scenario, were in about 3 hours (checking rules, getting a feel for the flow, etc.) when all of a sudden the app crashed. I tried to re-open and continue the game, but right after the story loads, boom, app crashed again, and will not load. This was extremely disappointing. Anyone else have this happen to them? I know it was only one time, but it was my first game! I am on the verge of reselling this if I can't trust that something I commit hours to just quits on me. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what device are you using? could be a number of things causing it to crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Houston
msg tools
iPad Air 2, was at 8.2, but updated to iOS 10 to see if that would help, which did not. Is there a general consensus on what device/platform is better to use/less buggy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Westrip
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerniner wrote:
iPad Air 2, was at 8.2, but updated to iOS 10 to see if that would help, which did not. Is there a general consensus on what device/platform is better to use/less buggy?

I have an iPad Air 2 and had iOS 9 and then upgraded to 10 since the MoM app was initially installed. I have never had a crash and played numerous games although I have not played scenario 4 yet. Never had any crash of the app.

Not sure what to suggest other than double-tap the home button, remove MoM from being loaded and then run the app again. I am sure you have tried this but it is my only suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogerniner wrote:

What about storage? Are you close to maxing out? Might be a memory issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.