Hide
3 Posts

Draconis Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Help! Standard sleeves won't fit (tried many brands). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Wolf
msg tools
I've tried several brands of poker-sized (M:TG sized, or "standard" sized) sleeves for the main decks. NONE of them fit. The cards are just barely too large to fit into standard sized sleeves, and I've tried four different brands!

The bridge-sized and square cards were easy to sleeve; the only problem is the sleeves for the normal-sized cards you have to shuffle all the time.

I'm super pissed off about this because we spent a ton of money on the Kickstarter, the cards can nick easily and leave telltale marks on the back (so sleeves are really needed to play if you care about the quality of your product), and the cards won't even fit transparent Ultra-Pro Pro Fit sleeves with guaranteed sizing!

Can someone please direct me to a sleeve large enough to hold these cards?

Also, does anyone know why they did this??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Wolf
msg tools
Update:

The most recent press of transparent Ultra-Pro Deck Protector sleeves (the pack I tried says "new size for a better fit" on the front) DO fit the cards. The thinner Pro Fit sleeves don't fit at all, and neither do any of our other Ultra-Pro Deck Protector sleeves with colored backs (generic color, M:tG image, or My Little Pony image backs). You might be able to cram them in the latter but not without card damage.

So we're ordering a bunch of transparent Ultra-Pro Deck Protector sleeves in the hopes they'll fit.

We used Mayfair for the 80x80's and Fantasy Flight for the bridge-sized, and there were no fitting issues at all. It's only the standard sized cards that were overlarge in our product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Sada
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo León
flag msg tools
Hey! Had to hover didnt you?
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here is the list of cards containing size (minding the 70x70 which should be 80x80) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxy298venck35q1/full_list_sleeves....

And here is a GeekList with many game's sleeving needs: Linkz

I used Fantasy Flight Grey Standard, Fantasy Flight Green Standard American and Ultimate Guard 80 x 80 Square.
They all fit quite well and I am really happy with my investment, first game I ever sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.