jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do they keep doing this type of shit. It just seems like something that would work in the 90's but today we have too many alternate media sources.

Quote:
At a town hall hosted by actress Elizabeth Banks in Haverford, Pennsylvania yesterday, child actor Brennan Leach was selected to ask presidential candidate Hillary Clinton a question about Donald Trump.

The event was held at the Haverford Community Recreation and Environmental Center.

During the town hall, Clinton, her daughter, Chelsea, and Banks opened up the stage to alleged impromptu questions.

One 15-year-old girl asked, “At my school, body image is a really big issue for girls my age. I see with my own eyes the damage Donald Trump does when he talks about women and how they look. As the first female president, how would you undo some of that damage and help girls understand that they are so much more than what they look like?”

However, YouTuber Spanglevision suggests that the question may have been staged by pointing out that the apparently randomly selected girl is a local child actor with an IMDb, or an Internet Movie Database page.

It was later shared by a Redditor DJ_Dynasty_Handbag that Leach’s father is Democratic state senator, Daylin Leach. The New York times reports that he later admitted to helping his daughter write the question.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/hillary-clinton-elizabeth-bank...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Seems like you're confusing supposition for proof again, too.

PS: What the hell is 'heavy.com'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
If this is the best the conservatio blogospher can dig up the day after the debate, Im happy.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:

Double-dog legit that's what, word!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Double-dog legit that's what, word!

Is her IMDB page a part of the vast right wing conspiracy ?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6887368/bio

Oh, and before some nutter brings up snopes, its unconfirmed on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
the apparently randomly selected girl is a local child actor with an IMDb, or an Internet Movie Database page

Are local child actors not allowed to ask questions? Are children not allowed to get help with questions from their Father at an event where the audience will be asked questions?

Where is the evidence she was a plant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
The only pieces we have are

"She's an Actress"
"She was asked a question"

This is just more of the right wings obsession with hazy optics vs facts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
The only pieces we have are

"She's an Actress"
"She was asked a question"

This is just more of the right wings obsession with hazy optics vs facts.

Well, we have her father admitting to helping write her question, we have a long history of Clinton planting questions as far back as 2008.

You Hillary jock sniffers are really getting delusional.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/07/sure-looks-like-girls-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Well, we have her father admitting to helping write her question

That doesn't support your theory. If the child was a plant, the campaign would have provided her with a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Non-issue for me. Town hall is a chance to get talking points out there. Hillary just chose a different way to do it, using others to set her up so it doesn't look like she's being the heavy and swinging at Trump for no reason. I'm sure it's been done before, I'm sure it will be done again.

It's theater. And in theater, of course there is an actress. If you believe that questioners who have undergone heavy vetting before allowed on stage is that much different from someone who is an outright plant, you're letting yourself get caught up in the theater... willful suspension of disbelief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Hillary just created a job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Today I learned that Cobert is pretty naive about what a "town hall" is. Hint: it's an event format.

Not that that even that much matters anymore. Hell Trump's town hall last week in NH was invite only and all the questions were pre-screened by conservative talk radio host Howie Carr, in which he read them off of a card. When you can't even trust the people at an invite only event to ask the prepared questions, that's pretty sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty dumb, which is what I'd expect from a Trump supporter. I don't see any proof here that Hillary planted this girl in the audience.

These types of forums are always based on screened questions. They are not asking random people in the audience, they ask everyone to submit questions and then they pick the questions that they want to answer. Nothing to do with Hillary specifically, that is just how these town hall forums work. It isn't necessary to write questions for anyone, you just pick the questions that best fit your narrative and answer those.

I bet Cobert thinks that in the debate last night the moderators just randomly picked people out of the audience to ask questions on a live televised debate with 100 million people watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Darilian wrote:
If this is the best the conservatio blogospher can dig up the day after the debate, Im happy.

Darilian

This was from a week ago.

You're not helping his case; if the best he's got is week old leftovers...

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we just save everybody some time and skip ahead to the part where it's STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE that a flaming racist gets zero votes in "certain neighborhoods" in Philadelphia?

Nah, wait a second, that's too harsh, wait a minute, what's the phrase...

"Race hustler".

Yep, that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United States
flag msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
Why do they keep doing this type of shit. It just seems like something that would work in the 90's but today we have too many alternate media sources.

Quote:
At a town hall hosted by actress Elizabeth Banks in Haverford, Pennsylvania yesterday, child actor Brennan Leach was selected to ask presidential candidate Hillary Clinton a question about Donald Trump.

The event was held at the Haverford Community Recreation and Environmental Center.

During the town hall, Clinton, her daughter, Chelsea, and Banks opened up the stage to alleged impromptu questions.

One 15-year-old girl asked, “At my school, body image is a really big issue for girls my age. I see with my own eyes the damage Donald Trump does when he talks about women and how they look. As the first female president, how would you undo some of that damage and help girls understand that they are so much more than what they look like?”

However, YouTuber Spanglevision suggests that the question may have been staged by pointing out that the apparently randomly selected girl is a local child actor with an IMDb, or an Internet Movie Database page.

It was later shared by a Redditor DJ_Dynasty_Handbag that Leach’s father is Democratic state senator, Daylin Leach. The New York times reports that he later admitted to helping his daughter write the question.

Take this gig kid, or you're on the next Lolita express.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Knewt wrote:

WTF is this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Knewt wrote:

WTF is this?

Agreed. Even I don't think Bill is THAT lewd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Quote:

It is pretty shady. But the Dems have a history of this...remember all those women "fainting" at Obama's rallies?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Knewt wrote:

WTF is this?

But wait, Bill IS actually that lewd.

The "Lolita Express" is the nickname of Jeffrey Epstein's plane. Jeffrey Epstein is a convicted pedophile and pimp. Bill Clinton has been a guest on Jeffrey Epstein's plane on multiple occasions (perhaps as many as 26 times).

His joking about being "next" on the "Lolita Express" isn't off by that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys really bringing up Epstein?

On purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
The "Lolita Express" is the nickname of Jeffrey Epstein's plane. Jeffrey Epstein is a convicted pedophile and pimp. Bill Clinton has been a guest on Jeffrey Epstein's plane on multiple occasions (perhaps as many as 26 times).

You know who else is a big fan of Epstein? Donald Trump.

Quote:
"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Oh and Woody Allen too. I guess they're all swapping notes.

I gotta admit they're all pretty distasteful, but only one is particularly relevant today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
windsagio wrote:
Knewt wrote:

WTF is this?

But wait, Bill IS actually that lewd.

His joking about being "next" on the "Lolita Express" isn't off by that much.

Of course it is, it's a 'joke' about selling a kid into sexual slavery if they don't act as a political operative. Even as a joke it's creepy as hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And of course what better way to show what a great person you are then sending hate mail to a 15 year old.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/2016...

Stay classy Trump supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
chrisnd wrote:

You know who else is a big fan of Epstein? Donald Trump.

Quote:
"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Oh and Woody Allen too. I guess they're all swapping notes.

I gotta admit they're all pretty distasteful, but only one is particularly relevant today.

Hey, you don't have to convince me - they are all a bunch of jackwagons.

I was only pointing out that to say that Bill is not THAT lewd may be a bit of a stretch given his connection to Mr. Epstein.

Why is it that if someone criticizes a Clinton, they automatically have to check to see if Trump did it too? I don't give a rats ass what Trump has done or hasn't done, because I don't care. I don't even care what Bill has done, and he isn't President any more. But my point it, someone said that Bill is not THAT lewd, and I felt that needed corrected, considering Bill's philandering past.

And Woody Allen is just a creepy mother f*&ker, and that's all I will say about him. But his creepiness is more incestuous rather than pedo.

That's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.