$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
Cristian Millan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey there,

I live in south-america Colombia and I've been working for the last 2 years in a project regarding cognition, so far I was using just videogames but a friend of mine told me to use "Spot it!" with my students (overall young children) and boom, amazing results. Bottom line, so far I'm looking for these three things:

* Games that help develop attention skills

* Games that involve rhythm

* Games with puzzles in them

* Bonus: Co op games. If any of those metioned before can be played as co op, that would be amazing.

This is my list so far:

Puzzle

Ubongo

Rhythm

Rock the beat

Attention

Loopin' Louie
Spot it!
Ghost Blitz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would check out Carcassonne for attention and puzzle . Good for young kids aswell.
Not sure what else to suggest as age range varies on other games a lot.what is the average age of the players?
Tsuro of the Seas and Kahuna may work to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Millan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Lowest age is five, average is around 7-10 yo, and there are also some old people (60yo approx.) but they are no more than five people (the old people, the children are quite a lot).

Thanks in advance, I'm checking the games right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I prefer Pictureka! to spot it to be honest - much more fun.
Pingo pingo
Super rhino or even jenga
bugs in the kitchen
labyrinth
karuba
Hedbanz
King of Tokyo
Little prince make me a planet
Loony Quest
Midnight Party
Captain Carcass
River dragons
Rory's story cubes

Carcassonne: over hill and dale is more accessable for five year olds than normal carcassone

Castle panic for co-op - bit long though?? Whoowasit maybe

Most of these are accessible to all incl five year olds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh and most of them are enjoyable for adults too lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Anything they find interesting or engaging is going to resolve the attention issue. I don't think you should look for games that target this trait. Just look for great games--and there are thousands of these.
Forbidden Island is a good co-op for young people.
Incan Gold is a simple concept that will keep everyone focused.
Pandemic is a great co-op for older folks.
Labyrinth or Master Labyrinth are great puzzle-like games.

Just a few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanabi
Ricochet Robots
Zendo
Concept
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Millan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Oh my gosh! So many games! I'm going to test them as soon as possible. Also, I'll be updating the list so if anyone has the same interests as I do they can benefit also from your recommendations.

At last but not least I'll be posting all the results, accomplishments, failures or whatever happens in the process so you can have a good feedback of your recommendations.

Thanks again and thanks in advance.

PD: I hope I can tweak the list as soon as this weekend or the next one, and maybe post some results by november.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ramble
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Leo is a great coop game where you play cards from your hand to guide Leo along a path of upside down tiles. When you land on a tile you flip it over, and if the color of the tile doesn't match the color of card you played then you lose "time" according to a number on the tile.

You've got four tries to get to the end. If you don't get Leo to the barbershop before time runs out, you flip the tiles over and start again, this time trying to remember which tiles were which color. It's a fast and fun kids game, and definitely requires good attention skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Millan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Cool, Thanks! I'll check some reviews and gameplay videos of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.