Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
How do the miniatures look compared to the first edition?

If I can remember correctly the first edition miniatures were not that great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found them comparable to the first edition, but many say the miniatures of this version are far worse. So from general consensus, if you didn't like the first edition figures you probably won't like these ones either.

That being said, I'm happy with the figures personally. The game is great and they serve their purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO the investigators are pretty good, but often hard to match up with their investigator cards (more of a design issue). The monster minis are pretty bad in both editions (not much detail).

The new edition has quality control issues on the bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grünherz

Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
IMO the investigators are pretty good, but often hard to match up with their investigator cards (more of a design issue). The monster minis are pretty bad in both editions (not much detail).

This is pretty accurate and has been my experience as well. You can pretty clearly see that the new investigators are new sculpts and they look a bit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Glamdryn wrote:

I know what you mean by the figs being hard to match to their cards. To help that issue out, I took a gold sharpie (I have both gold and silver, but the silver wouldn't work too well on the gray) and wrote the initials of each character on the bottom of the base. That way it will really help avoid confusion with which character is which.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had no trouble matching monsters to bases, personally. Tricky to figure out which investigator was witch the first time, though. I find the monster figures to be of identical quality to first edition, and the investigators to be slightly worse (different material, not as detailed, no black bases).

I'll note I have not bought the tile/figure packs because I have all the first-run stuff. Can't speak to any difference in quality there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.