Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[UPDATE: ALL FILES HAVE BEEN POSTED TO THE FILES SECTION!!!]

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139523/mikes-modified...

For the last two months, I've been slowly creating solo character cards for all the expansions I own. I completed the cards recently and am now play testing them for balance and such. To avoid creating long object and character priority lists, I created modified AI rules to control the AI behavior. The new rules are working pretty well, and I'm tweaking them and experimenting with different ideas. In general, the AI regroups a little smarter to prepare for group combat, picks up more objects, and has more flexibility in positioning. My goal is to make the AI as tough as possible with the lowest solo-reinforcement difficulty level (I'd rather the AI win with good decisions than overwhelming the player with reinforcements).

If anyone would like to test out the new cards, suggest new wording or rules, let me know. (PM me)

In general, my variant cards are... on the lethal side. If teleporting red dragons that can blast walls apart and archers that set arrow traps down corridors sounds like your cup of tea, then you'll be quite at home with my cards. Just yesterday a Pickpocket stole a Potion of Strength from my Samurai, then used it to kill him. I also added more abilities to the original Mekanorks to give them more to do (one Melanork causes all characters on his tile to be stunned after rotation, another throws all characters and objects around the room, etc...). There are some crazy fun character cards in the deck, and while I'm not sure how to kill them yet, I'm having a great time trying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
"Its eyes were widening, widening, and in those black pupils, each as big as a softball, Ritchie saw the mad darkness that must exist over the rim of the universe; he saw a shitty happiness that he felt would drive him insane."
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: DT SOLO - ALL EXPANSIONS PROJECT
What an endeavor. I'd be very interested in trying your characters the next time I'm with my copy of the game (it's currently in Pollock Pines). but that won't be possible until Thanksgiving week. In the meantime, I'd love to see what you have created for Paladins & Dragons and Fire & Water expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was an endeavor, but I love the solo game and wanted to use all the characters I own, not just the DT2 characters. Coming up with abilities was the fun part. Plus, I can use the normal blue/orange tokens, AND standees/miniatures.

So far, I've created cards for:

DT1
DT2 (minor changes from DT2 cards)
P&D
FoD
MERC
OTHER (a couple of bonus characters)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
Yes, it was an endeavor, but I love the solo game and wanted to use all the characters I own, not just the DT2 characters. Coming up with abilities was the fun part. Plus, I can use the normal blue/orange tokens, AND standees/miniatures.

So far, I've created cards for:

DT1
DT2 (minor changes from DT2 cards)
P&D
FoD
MERC
OTHER (a couple of bonus characters)

You should upload them to the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LINK TO FILES:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139523/mikes-modified...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, thanks for uploading all of the solo files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donatien Lacroix
msg tools
Who tests these solo rules?
What do u think about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.