3 Posts

Cyclades: Titans» Forums » General

Subject: Which Cyclades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thoma Mattox

Indiana
msg tools
My son (13 year old) is interested in Cyclades. Titans sounds like the version he would prefer. Do you need to have the base game (like Catan Seafarers)? Or is this a stand alone upgrade (like Small World Underworld)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the base game. If you don't know anything about the game, I would start with that first, and expand if you enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
You need the base game. If you don't know anything about the game, I would start with that first, and expand if you enjoy it.

At the risk of being a total fan boy, the base game is excellent. I tell folks who are curious, it's like a simpler version of risk (fewer spaces), but you have to bid on the ability to recruit and move fleets, recruit and move troops, get better bidding position and hunt for creatures, or just move forward towards some general VP. Only one player gets one of those actions a round. You might be in a perfect winning position, if you only could move some fleets, so the other players outbid you and play continues. So, if you like dudes on a map, and bidding (which I do), then look no further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.