Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission 10: Galaktica rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Maybe I am overlooking the obivous here but hear me out...

In the setup you get a blue xeno alpha and a green xeno alpha and set them aside.

During event B it says the following -
place the green xeno alpha on the TP
shuffle the blue xeno alpha alien card in the alien deck.

and then no more references to either one. should i be placing both colors on the board? should i ignore the blue and use the green, or vice versa? i assumed it was a mistype but i can find nothing in the errata that settles it. there is a mention of the wrong color xeno gray in the errata, but that's it.

help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That means the green xeno goes on the board (and someone gets its alien card) and the blue one goes in the alien deck and might show up later when an alien blip is revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're into Mission 10 so you should have a pretty good grasp of the basics, but just to review:

When you are instructed to place a unit on the board, the corresponding card gets assigned to an agent. That should take care of the green xeno alpha. If the directions tell you to shuffle a new alien card into the alien deck, then do that. That just means that, from now on you will have a chance of drawing the blue xeno alpha card whenever you need to put new aliens on the board.

Note also that, unless instructed otherwise, if/when you kill the green xeno alpha, that alien card goes into the discard pile with the rest. Which means that he might come back up if you have to shuffle the discard pile to restock the draw pile. So the effect of event B is to give you a moderately hard enemy and the chance of even more difficulties to come...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Definitely overlooked the obvious. It's been a while since I played. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.