Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm struggling with how to mark cards that have 2 possible actions (limited to 1 use per generation if I've got the rules right) and a pile of other stuff on it like animals or bacteria.

For example: card 157 Nitrite Reducing Bacteria

You have to mark the action when you take it and also have a pile of microbes on the card. If the table gets bumped you're toast.

I've thought about making some "action used" counters to mark the action taken and still using the cubes to track the bacteria.

Another possibility is counters for "action used" and counters for with bacteria count on it. That way I would have at most 2 counters on a card at a time.

Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mark the action with your playercube and the microbes with te metalic looking cubes. So if you have a tablebump heavy enough to disturb this nearly any game will be ruined and you should either buy a new more stable table or give your players some medicine against hyperactivity...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mark the "Action Used" by placing one of your personal colored cubes on the card. You mark the "Counters" on the card using resource cubes.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something about your statements which seems to making things more complicated than they need to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
You mark the "Action Used" by placing one of your personal colored cubes on the card. You mark the "Counters" on the card using resource cubes.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something about your statements which seems to making things more complicated than they need to be.

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
If it really bothers you, use dice to indicate the number of microbes / animals / whatever on your cards. That might also be handy if two of those cards lie next to each other and there is a risk of cubes moving to the other card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just 'tap' my cards when used, MtG style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theericbooth wrote:
Valenso wrote:

This

Ditto This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kenntoft
Sweden
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
theericbooth wrote:
Valenso wrote:

This

Ditto This.

Ditto that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
carnalito wrote:
Qualm wrote:
theericbooth wrote:
Valenso wrote:

This

Ditto This.

Ditto that

Ditto this and that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Repeat Dance

Lincoln
Nebraska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
carnalito wrote:
Qualm wrote:
theericbooth wrote:
Valenso wrote:

This

Ditto This.

Ditto that

Ditto this and that.

Ditto this and ditto that, I ditto'd with a wiffle ball bat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. Without having thought that through, I marked the cards with a pen.

In retrospect, I chose...poorly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Ugh. Without having thought that through, I marked the cards with a pen.

In retrospect, I chose...poorly.

So you played Legacy Terraforming Mars?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.