Graham Sargeant
United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
badge
Search for 'Northants Board and Card Gamers Collective' on Facebook
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. Really enjoying this game, but another little question.
If you take the inn action you remove your meeples and can place again, obviously not building actions.
We've been playing sensible, so once that action has been taken then that's your lot....but can't find reference in the rules to prevent you putting a worker on the inn action again, thus creating a continuing loop of extra action.
Just wanted to see if there was a clarification on this.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its a 1 person action per turn. all buildings built can only have 1 Meeple on them TOWN actions can have more then 1 Meeple there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magicsarge1968 wrote:
Hi there. Really enjoying this game, but another little question.
If you take the inn action you remove your meeples and can place again, obviously not building actions.
We've been playing sensible, so once that action has been taken then that's your lot....but can't find reference in the rules to prevent you putting a worker on the inn action again, thus creating a continuing loop of extra action.
Just wanted to see if there was a clarification on this.

Thanks

The rules for the Inn only allow you to place your workers on a town space, player buildings (even your own) are off limits. Therefore you cannot place a worker on the Inn as it isn't a town building.

I think you are reading the "not building actions" incorrectly. It doesn't mean you can't "build" with an action, it means you can't use "buildings" (i.e. locations the players have built) for their actions. In fact you could build another building using the space on the town board because it is a town location, not a "building". The limitation is intended to be "don't use player buildings for their actions", not don't use actions to build stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
its a 1 person action per turn. all buildings built can only have 1 Meeple on them TOWN actions can have more then 1 Meeple there.

This is not the question they are asking. The Inn allows you to remove your workers at the end of the worker placement phase, and then use them again immediately. The question is why can't you put one of those workers back on the Inn (as it is now no longer occupied). The answer is that the Inn allows you to place workers a second time, but not on actions on buildings (i.e. the locations built by players), only actions on the town (i.e. forest, farm, prepare ship, launch ship, sell goods, warehouse etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Sargeant
United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
dstair2002 wrote:

This is not the question they are asking. The Inn allows you to remove your workers at the end of the worker placement phase, and then use them again immediately. The question is why can't you put one of those workers back on the Inn (as it is now no longer occupied). The answer is that the Inn allows you to place workers a second time, but not on actions on buildings (i.e. the locations built by players), only actions on the town (i.e. forest, farm, prepare ship, launch ship, sell goods, warehouse etc.)

Spot on answers again thank you. Yes I was mis-reading the action, thinking it only referred to not being able to build a new tile.
Oops, seems obvious now
modest

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely misread this action. I read it as "can't build another building", *not* "can't use a non-town building". Intriguing.

This nerfs the building quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Sargeant
United Kingdom
Wellingborough
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zamoose wrote:
I completely misread this action. I read it as "can't build another building", *not* "can't use a non-town building". Intriguing.

This nerfs the building quite a bit.

Not a bad thing I think, otherwise is super powered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Stewart
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think the Ant Labs play-through made this error, which only reinforced my impressions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.