Subject: Quite the price jump... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Fleischel
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
...just got a notice that this is back in stock at Cool Stuff. For $12.00 more than it was before. I guess it is nice to be in demand. Create a demand for your game then raise the price by 25%?

At least my wallet will be happier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still the same price here at my FLGS. And I'm comparing when it sold out the first time and had to wait a week for the next shipment to come in. Might be specific to CS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthBoromir wrote:
...just got a notice that this is back in stock at Cool Stuff. For $12.00 more than it was before. I guess it is nice to be in demand. Create a demand for your game then raise the price by 25%?

The MSRP hasn't changed. Portal has no control over what retailers sell it for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
DarthBoromir wrote:

The MSRP hasn't changed. Portal has no control over what retailers sell it for.

This. My FLGS has it for $80, but I know that's outside of Portal's control. Looking on Amazon right now I see a copy for $59.99 which seems about right. My recommendation is to check various sources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Williams
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's $56.99...on Coolstuff.

MSRP is $70 and at a point in time before the game came out it's pre-order price was $75 after the kickstarter.

If they had it up there for $44.99 before, that was a steal. The components and everything about the game and its design is quality and well worth most games that have a similar price tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GammaGoblinz wrote:
It's $56.99...on Coolstuff.

MSRP is $70 and at a point in time before the game came out it's pre-order price was $75 after the kickstarter.

If they had it up there for $44.99 before, that was a steal. The components and everything about the game and its design is quality and well worth most games that have a similar price tag.

Hi -- there was no Kickstarter. Portal invested a lot of money to print this. They conducted a pre-order campaign via their site, but did not use crowdfunding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Fleischel
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone for the input. I appreciate the corrective perspective rendered from my fellow bgg-ers! I can see that I was more than a little wrong in my initial 'outrage' at the presumed change in price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.