$30.00
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/10/10/0543258/dilbert-cre...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151552548531/why-i-endorse-gary...
Quote:

Clinton supporters have been telling me for a few days that any visible support for Trump makes you a supporter of sex abuse. From a persuasion standpoint, that actually makes sense. If people see it that way, that’s the reality you have to deal with. I choose to not be part of that reality so I moved my endorsement to Gary Johnson.

This post is not about Trump or Clinton. It's about Adams and his analysis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
maxo-texas wrote:
https://news.slashdot.org/story/16/10/10/0543258/dilbert-cre...

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151552548531/why-i-endorse-gary...
Quote:

Clinton supporters have been telling me for a few days that any visible support for Trump makes you a supporter of sex abuse. From a persuasion standpoint, that actually makes sense. If people see it that way, that’s the reality you have to deal with. I choose to not be part of that reality so I moved my endorsement to Gary Johnson.

Good Gawd .... "any visible support for Trump makes you a supporter of sex abuse." Jesus, how stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adams' writing is one of the few election-related things I enjoy reading. It's always funny to watch people go insane about whatever he writes. I'll just paraphrase what he says on most every blog post: He likes to come up with crazy shit and see how people react. Never take advice on any serious topic from a cartoonist.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people don't understand this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if he still thinks this is due to Trump's brilliant persuasion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuck Scott Adams. Fuck him with Dogbert's dick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Adams wrote:
I think you will agree that it doesn’t matter if any of the allegations are true, because the stink from a mountain of allegations – many that seem credible to observers – is bad for the national brand too

Well, that's...certainly the post-reality "truthiness" that Colbert was always making fun of on his show, sure.

I remain foolishly optimistic enough to refuse to accept it as the nature of the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Adams wrote:
I think you will agree that it doesn’t matter if any of the allegations are true, because the stink from a mountain of allegations – many that seem credible to observers – is bad for the national brand too

I wonder how Adams would feel if every publisher dropped Dilbert because of allegations that are false, but still create a "stink" that is bad for their brand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Scott Adams wrote:

I wonder how Adams would feel if every publisher dropped Dilbert because of allegations that are false, but still create a "stink" that is bad for their brand.

He already wrote that his speaking engagements have dropped to zero this year down from several requests a month consistently for decades. He's more than aware of how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
He already wrote that his speaking engagements have dropped to zero this year down from several requests a month consistently for decades.

That's a lot different from what we're talking about. Not wanting someone to speak because what they say is gross is different from not buying what they produce because what they say is gross. And the people who are not hiring him to speak because of what he will say are correct about what he says, as far as I can see.

The proper analogy to what he's praising is if he were ostracized and punished for allegations that are entirely false. He's saying in the quote that that's fine, and what people should expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Alexandria (temporarily)
Virginia
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Adams, that Dilbert dude wrote:
To be fair, Gary Johnson is a pot head who didn’t know what Allepo was. I call that relatable.

Especially relatable since you don't know how to spell Aleppo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.