3 Posts

Kill Doctor Lucky» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1. I tried to set up a short board version(half the house), but it wasn't clear where Dr Lucky should actually start?

2. Should i always use the 'strangers' when playing 2 players?

3. If i end up shortening the board by cutting off the wings, how do the room cards with no shamrocks work?(if they all have a shamrock value, ignore this)

Also played the 'Get out of lucky mansion', or whatever it is called, and it was absolutely brilliant and just extended the game and reversed most of the rules......superb addition

When i have enough players, i'm going to add the animals in as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Hi!

1: There is a chart on the first page of the rules detailing where players, Lucky, Cat, and Dog start (by room number) on all variations of the board.

2: Yes.

3: Uh... lots to unpack there. "Room cards" are technically called Move cards, and "shamrocks" are technically called clovers (shamrocks only have three leaves).

Clovers on move cards have no relation to their normal function; they are relevant only during a murder attempt.

The primary use of any Move card is to add 1 or 2 steps to your move, which is shown by the number 1 or 2 (not the clovers). If a card's specific room is not on the board, it is still good for 1 or 2 steps.

Glad you liked the Escape variant. We're fond of it too.

Thanks,

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
thanks for the response, i totally skipped past the set up chart(after reading over the rules 3 times )

i actually played the original version of this before i purchased the new one, and i think the gameplay has been tweaked very well

me and my family enjoy the newer rules much more than the older

good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.