$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrade Attachment Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Robinson
msg tools
Are there any general rules (not counting card text-specific rules) governing how an upgrade can be attached to a character? For example, in a Rey starter deck can you attach the F-11D red villain rifle to Rey?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tropofarmer wrote:
Are there any general rules (not counting card text-specific rules) governing how an upgrade can be attached to a character? For example, in a Rey starter deck can you attach the F-11D red villain rifle to Rey?


For that specific example no, because Villain cards and Hero cards can't be in the same deck. Somewhere on here is a photo of the rules sheet, though it probably wasn't final. Aside from that, all I know is the Upgrade goes away if the main card gets discarded--barring a card specific ability, of course.

Edit: Here you go.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
tropofarmer wrote:
Are there any general rules (not counting card text-specific rules) governing how an upgrade can be attached to a character? For example, in a Rey starter deck can you attach the F-11D red villain rifle to Rey?


For that specific example no, because Villain cards and Hero cards can't be in the same deck. Somewhere on here is a photo of the rules sheet, though it probably wasn't final. Aside from that, all I know is the Upgrade goes away if the main card gets discarded--barring a card specific ability, of course.

Edit: Here you go.


Finn allows you to include Red Villain upgrade and vehicles in your deck, so you can include F-11D in your Hero decks.

To answer the OP, you can play your upgrades on any of your characters. Restrictions are printed on the card. For example, Force Choke says "Blue characters only".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Robinson
msg tools
Rahlan wrote:

To answer the OP, you can play your upgrades on any of your characters. Restrictions are printed on the card. For example, Force Choke says "Blue characters only".


So would the Sith Holocron special that allows you to "ignore play restrictions" allow you to play Force Choke on Jango Fett?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe that's completely correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If Finn dies can he use the F-11D rifles ability "redeploy" and give it to Rey? And does that mean all the red cards in your deck are now useless?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:
If Finn dies can he use the F-11D rifles ability "redeploy" and give it to Rey? And does that mean all the red cards in your deck are now useless?


I think you might be getting a few rules confused. Finn's second ability strictly applies to deck-building. Normally you'd need a character of a specific color in order to include cards of that color in your deck (aside from Gray); Finn lets you include Red Villain vehicles and weapons even though he's a Yellow Hero.

There are also play restrictions. For some cards you must spot a certain color character to play them, meaning they need to be under your control (i.e. alive). Some upgrades also have restrictions, such as Red Character only. Finn's first ability also circumvents that, in that he can ignore play restrictions with weapons (so, for example, he could equip Luke's Skywalker's Lightsaber which is normally Blue characters only).

Specifically, once the F-11D Rifle is in your deck (thanks to Finn or a Red Villain), it can be attached--and redeployed--to anyone because it has no play restriction.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Eyefink wrote:
paxton73 wrote:
If Finn dies can he use the F-11D rifles ability "redeploy" and give it to Rey? And does that mean all the red cards in your deck are now useless?


I think you might be getting a few rules confused. Finn's second ability strictly applies to deck-building. Normally you'd need a character of a specific color in order to include cards of that color in your deck (aside from Gray); Finn lets you include Red Villain vehicles and weapons even though he's a Yellow Hero.

There are also play restrictions. For some cards you must spot a certain color character to play them, meaning they need to be under your control (i.e. alive). Some upgrades also have restrictions, such as Red Character only. Finn's first ability also circumvents that, in that he can ignore play restrictions with weapons (so, for example, he could equip Luke's Skywalker's Lightsaber which is normally Blue characters only).

Specifically, once the F-11D Rifle is in your deck (thanks to Finn or a Red Villain), it can be attached--and redeployed--to anyone because it has no play restriction.


And since redeployment ignores play restrictions when attaching to a new character, you can attach a "blue characters only"-card to say any yellow character if Finn dies?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Deadparrotelvis wrote:
And since redeployment ignores play restrictions when attaching to a new character, you can attach a "blue characters only"-card to say any yellow character if Finn dies?

If there's both "redeploy" and "blue/yellow/red character only" on the upgrade, then the theoretical answer is yes. However, there are no such cards in the current set.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Perf wrote:
Deadparrotelvis wrote:
And since redeployment ignores play restrictions when attaching to a new character, you can attach a "blue characters only"-card to say any yellow character if Finn dies?

If there's both "redeploy" and "blue/yellow/red character only" on the upgrade, then the theoretical answer is yes. However, there are no such cards in the current set.


Good to know. Though I wouldn't be surprised if one came along one day.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you attach a weapon upgrade to a support vehicle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oregonized wrote:
Can you attach a weapon upgrade to a support vehicle

no
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Stratton
msg tools
So, can Finn use the grey villain infantry grenades? He can ignore all weapon restrictions, but the text on his card says he can use red weapons and vehicles. Could I put the grey infantry grenades into my hero deck if Finn is there?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
warrenstratton wrote:
So, can Finn use the grey villain infantry grenades? He can ignore all weapon restrictions, but the text on his card says he can use red weapons and vehicles. Could I put the grey infantry grenades into my hero deck if Finn is there?


Finn's text says

Quote:
You can attach any weapon to this character, ignoring play restrictions.
You can include Red Villain weapons and vehicles in your deck.


So since infantry grenade is not a red villain weapon or vehicle you cannot have it in your deck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.