Andy C
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I'm currently designing a card game based in medieval times. It's a pretty basic game to learn and I want it to appeal to basically everyone. Right now I am coming up with the art work. One style is a cartoon look and the other is more realistic.

My question is what would you recommend the more cartoon look or realistic one? Any tips or critiques would be helpful. Thank you!

(all images are at an outline stage still need to add color ect.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As is, I prefer the one that is only headshots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the more cartoony one, plus whole-body gives you more opportunities for distinctive silhouettes that are easy to distinguish from across the table, as opposed to headshot that rely more on detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nikiforov
Russia
flag msg tools
Use cartoon one, definetely, for broader audience and generally much more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the headshots. Although the cartoony ones might be more easily seen across the table, it appears that these are "instants" and may not need to be seen across the table.

There are typos on the fist and third cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy C
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
The more realistic head shot version I have worked on longer. I thought that a cartoon look would be suited for a wider audience.

Here are more of the cards I'm working on.

Also here is a reference off google images that I think would work well if I switched it to more of a cartoon look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.