Subject: 3 person duel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clovis R
United States
Syracuse
NY
flag msg tools
If the two spots are taken up, and a duel has been completed, can a third person place their posse member on the same collection site and duel the winner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe a third player CAN start a Duel... and a fourth Player could too!

In fact, as long as your Posse is the one that LOST the Duel [and is laying down], you can send a second Posse meeple to the same spot to 'avenge' your fallen comrade.

So potentially, if all 4 players had all 3 Posse meeples available, they could all Duel over the same spot until a single victor stood atop a pile of 11 losers!

Obviously, this would never happen since a single space will hardly ever be THAT desirable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don't say no, so we presumed yes, and we actually had a 4 person duel, (well, 3 one on ones)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingmob75 wrote:
Obviously, this would never happen since a single space will hardly ever be THAT desirable.

You would be surprised. When you get to those final rounds....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mohnkern wrote:
kingmob75 wrote:

You would be surprised. When you get to those final rounds....

Ha ha, true... And I could see it happening with 3 or even 4 players Dueling over a space (we had a 3 player fight in our last game). What I was referring to is my ridiculous theoretical 11-Duel scenario.

I double checked the rules AND the FAQ in the bottom of the box and neither address this issue either way [at least, not that I could locate], but I'm fairly certain that someone from Gamelyn addressed it in a thread here on BGG. If I find it, I'll come back and post the link.

EDIT: The fact that you CAN keep Dueling over the same space as many times as you'd like is implied by Michael Coe's answer to a question in this thread:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1649458/instant-bonus-i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.