Hide
9 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counterattack Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig K
msg tools
Counterattack is a free unarmed attack with a red die. With the -2 unarmed penalty that would mean you would need to roll the single 3 hit symbol to hurt something with zero armour? In other words the units in the game this could effect is the Hyenas as they are the only thing that has no armour?

Also not sure if this combination exists on a character nut would precision strike (-1 enemy armour) combo with counterattack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ha, your right,.. counter attack does seem a bit useless, maybe against the hyenas?..

I'm curious if there's a translation issue here, I doubt it tho,..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can add gems for more dice, though, correct (up to exertion limit)? Also, since you get a red die when most characters have yellow or orange melee dice, it's not too bad, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a translation problem because in french "Counterattack" is not "unarmed".

You have to roll 1 red die but with no weapon bonus. That not means you have to minus the red die like if you were unarmed.

So unarmed or not, when you counterattack you just roll 1 red die. That's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
Thank you blackfire, another translation issue solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Geard
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
It looks like an earlier skill sheet had this translated correctly:

Quote:
Riposte: Whenever the character is attacked in melee, he may perform one <red die> attack against his aggressor. No weapon bonuses can be applied in this attack.

The same mistranslation has occurred with Attack From Beyond, where "no other bonuses can be applied" has been replaced with "unarmed Melee Attack".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably thought that the 'no weapon' bonus. Meant 'unarmed'. Sounds like whoever translated it into English used a program to do it or almost went word for word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clanggedin wrote:
They probably thought that the 'no weapon' bonus. Meant 'unarmed'. Sounds like whoever translated it into English used a program to do it or almost went word for word.

Like I suggested in another thread, errors of that nature make me wonder if part of the problem is the translator hadn't actually played the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Freaking monolithyuk,..

So for both; counterattack & "from the grave" moves;
-you don't get to use your weapons, but you also DON'T have to take the "no weapon attack penalty",.. coolcool,..

I have to go check out old released files now,..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.