$15.00
$20.00
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Adams is a remarkably smart man. Good to have an overseas perspective too:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151599421561/quick-debate-react...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I thought it was reactions from actual Swiss. THAT would be ore interesting than Dilbert's author's ranting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
Wow, it's a good thing I can separate an artist from his art, because Adams is a first class idiot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
LIberal definition of "idiot"=Anyone who sees things differently from them.

See also other invective, like "racist", "sexist", "homophobe", "almostanyflavorphobe", etc.

Insults, letting liberals hate guilt free since at least 1980.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
I prefer "Lunatic"

All this stuff about persuaders and positive affirmation shaping reality is a tad nutty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very smart indeed. It turns out that Trump obliterated Clinton in every possible way, which explains his complete dominance in polling numbers across the nation.

Yet another masterstroke by the greatest persuasive mind of my lifetime. Without a doubt, Mr. Trump has a date with Mount Rushmore.

Kudos, Steven, for bringing this amazing slice of political analysis to my attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adams is so impressed with Trump that Adams endorsed Johnson!

Wha?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
Quote:
The persuasion move was that he quickly contrasted that “small” issue with images of ISIS beheadings, and cage-drownings. It was a high ground maneuver, a powerful visual anchor...

WTF?

Quote:
Trump is physically larger and prowled the stage. He won the optics.

WTF?

Quote:
Trump threw in enough random details about Syria to persuade viewers that he knows more than they thought he knew.

WTFF?

Quote:
Trump succeeded in looking informed on Syria...

WTF?

Quote:
Trump’s pre-debate show with Bill’s alleged victims dismantled Clinton’s pro-woman high ground before the debate even started.

WTF?

Quote:
His comment about putting Clinton in jail has that marvelous visual persuasion quality about it, and it was the laugh of the night

WTFF?

Quote:
We don’t know how to fix Obamacare or what to do with TPP. But by acting competent on these and other policy issues, Trump gains more than Clinton in persuasion.

WTF?

I think my idiot charge is well-founded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I'm not your lover. I'm not your friend.
badge
I am something you will never comprehend.
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

See also other invective, like "racist", "sexist", "homophobe", "almostanyflavorphobe", etc.

Exactly right. If Scott Adams had been writing about the awesomeness of Hillary this summer, the left here would have been exclaiming how bright and smart he is. But he is guilty of thought-crime. Time for the two-minutes hate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
tstone wrote:

Exactly right. If Scott Adams had been writing about the awesomeness of Hillary this summer, the left here would have been exclaiming how bright and smart he is. But he is guilty of thought-crime. Time for the two-minutes hate.

Oh right when he was endorsing Clinton
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/145456082991/my-endorsement-for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Adams loves Trump because, like Trump, Adams is a rich white racist misogynist straight male who hates paying taxes, worships capitalism and wants to "take his country back". Additionally, he writes ridiculous things to try and get more attention, page views and book sales. Fuck Scott Adams. Fuck him with Dogbert's dick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

Insults, letting liberals hate guilt free since at least 1980.

No actually that would be the sobriquet of someone supporting a man who allowed Howard Stern sexually objectify his own daughter.

So sad that the alt right allowed this pile of human excrement to be their spokesperson, but in a sense that does seem fitting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
After reading the OP link and the other one on Clinton, I think it's better than even odds Adams is not being serious in the slightest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Scott Adams is a remarkably smart man. Good to have an overseas perspective too:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/151599421561/quick-debate-react...

So in essence, Scott Adams is telling us Trump won, not due to an actual mastery of foreign policy and economic material but by "appearing" to know more than he really did. Apparently, Scott Adams feels those who support or are persuaded by Trump simply don't appreciate the difference between the two. Should Trump supporters really be happy with this piece?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
tstone wrote:

Right out of Orwell.

And it was the logical end of Left wing totalitarian tendencies he exactly was directing this at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I'm not your lover. I'm not your friend.
badge
I am something you will never comprehend.
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
Fuck Scott Adams. Fuck him with Dogbert's dick.

This is like the third or fifth time you've mentioned Dogbert's dick.

Please explain your obsession.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
After reading the OP link and the other one on Clinton, I think it's better than even odds Adams is not being serious in the slightest.

I agree. He must think he was being clever. It would have been better if it was funny, but sadly, it wasn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Okay Trump was on fire and he fell off the roof, he's probably....

Oh my god Hillary! Look out he's behind you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
LightRider wrote:
Fuck Scott Adams. Fuck him with Dogbert's dick.

This is like the third or fifth time you've mentioned Dogbert's dick.

Please explain your obsession.

I want people to imagine a cartoon dog fucking Scott Adams because it's funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
tstone wrote:

Right out of Orwell.

And it was the logical end of Left wing totalitarian tendencies he exactly was directing this at.

If we move this discussion to a different thread, do you think these two would notice? Or would they be so busy patting each other on the back that they'd think they were a crowd of two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:

I want people to imagine a cartoon dog fucking Scott Adams because it's funny.

Economic theory. Human nature. The art of persuasion. The ability to converse. And now... humor. Is there no end to your fount of utter ignorance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
tstone wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
tstone wrote:

Right out of Orwell.

If we move this discussion to a different thread, do you think these two would notice? Or would they be so busy patting each other on the back that they'd think they were a crowd of two?

Thank you for your input.

You elevate the proceedings above the muck and mire, rest assured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brickmaster wrote:
Wow, it's a good thing I can separate an artist from his art, because Adams is a first class idiot.

...he says because Adams finds Hillary repulsive.

If he supported Hillary you'd repost every week or so.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Adams is so impressed with Trump that Adams endorsed Johnson!

Wha?

One must read what he wrote a tad more carefully it seems.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
Adams loves Trump because, like Trump, Adams is a rich white racist misogynist straight male who hates paying taxes, worships capitalism and wants to "take his country back". Additionally, he writes ridiculous things to try and get more attention, page views and book sales. Fuck Scott Adams. Fuck him with Dogbert's dick.

That's an interesting charge, that Adams is a racist.

He might be, he might not be. In this context though racism would be meaningless, I think you meant to say "sexist".

Either way, got anything to back that up or is that just Standard Liberal Tactic #3 again?

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.