Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there's a number of solo variants, and one added in the Crisis expansion. I don't have the expansion.

I'm wondering just from a Solo perspective, what's the best variant to play just the base game ? I can be playing with one hero, or as two.

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play one of the variants listed here.

Pick one Superhero, set up the game as usual.
Play your turn as usual.

At the end of a turn, remove/discard one card from the lineup at random (I have a D6 in the box for this purpose).
Also at the end of the turn, remove/discard as many cards from the main deck, as the active Supervillain has victory points - unless you defeated a Supervillain this turn.

Loss - lineup can't be refilled.
Victory - all Supervillains defeated. Score victory points in your deck, go for high score.

I play this with either base game or Heroes Unite. Some of the Attack cards in Heroes Unite are sort of worthless but that's a minor thing.
This can be set up and played in 15-20 minutes and is very simple. I've seen other solo variants but they appear much more complex to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.