Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi codex players,

My friends and I ran into a handful of questions while playing the past couple days and are hoping you can help us answer them.

1) If a unit has one remaining health and attacks when an opponent has a Tower built, does the unit die before dealing damage to the target it was attacking? My guess is yes it does.

2) Does armor protect from spell damage? For example, I recently played Ashes where a card could not prevent wounds, but it could prevent damage. In that game, wounds were normally dealt by "instant" spells whereas damage was dealt in combat and resulted in wounds. Is that the same case here or would the armor prevent any and all damage no matter the source? There only appears to be one term which is damage so I'm guessing armor blocks all.

3) Can 1 point of damage on armor destroy all of the armor? The only reason I ask is because ironbark treant says to destroy its armor after it has taken damage, which leads me to believe any amount of damage would destroy the armor. My guess here is you have to do one attack for each point of armor before it is destroyed.

4) Is your base a building? I'm almost positive the answer is yes, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks you for your help and sorry some of these are likely fairly obvious to some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imtylerdurden wrote:
1) If a unit has one remaining health and attacks when an opponent has a Tower built, does the unit die before dealing damage to the target it was attacking? My guess is yes it does.
No, it deals it's damage. Tower damage is simultaneous with combat damage, so it behaves the same way in that regard.

imtylerdurden wrote:
2) Does armor protect from spell damage? For example, I recently played Ashes where a card could not prevent wounds, but it could prevent damage. In that game, wounds were normally dealt by "instant" spells whereas damage was dealt in combat and resulted in wounds. Is that the same case here or would the armor prevent any and all damage no matter the source? There only appears to be one term which is damage so I'm guessing armor blocks all.
Yup you got it, any and all damage.

imtylerdurden wrote:
3) Can 1 point of damage on armor destroy all of the armor? The only reason I ask is because ironbark treant says to destroy its armor after it has taken damage, which leads me to believe any amount of damage would destroy the armor. My guess here is you have to do one attack for each point of armor before it is destroyed.
Yes, that's right. Armor is destroyed in the sense that once it has absorbed damage, it will no longer absorb additional damage for the rest of the turn. So a 1/1 could swing and destroy the Armor of a 1/2 Squad Leader, for example, and then another 2/1 unit could now swing at that unit to kill it.

imtylerdurden wrote:
4) Is your base a building? I'm almost positive the answer is yes, but just wanted to be sure.
Yes it is!. Even more so, it is a Tech 0 Building (as in, it lets you build Tech 0 Units). But I don't think that matters much for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imtylerdurden wrote:

A little confused by this one, where does Ironbark Treant say to destroy its armor after it has taken damage? It does start taking damage after the armor is destroyed, but 1 point of damage won't destroy all armor unless it only has 1 armor. If it has X armor you need X damage to get past the armor and start doing "real" damage after that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reminder text is: "Armor absorbs damage before HP and is then destroyed."

That doesn't mean 1 point of damage will destroy all of the armor though. 1 armor will absorb exactly 1 damage. 5 armor will absorb exactly 5 damage. It doesn't matter how many sources are involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn King
United Kingdom
Helensburgh
Dumbartonshire
flag msg tools
mb
So does destroyed for armour mean only destroyed for a turn rather than for good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Martynking3 wrote:
So does destroyed for armour mean only destroyed for a turn rather than for good?
Yes. In fact, pretty much all armour actually only lasts for one turn. Squad Leader bonuses, like all patrol bonuses, go away during your turn. Ironbark Treant stops patrolling during your turn so its armour goes away too. Then if you choose to put it back in the patrol zone at the end of your turn, it gets a fresh +2 armour, no matter how much or how little of the last set of armour was destroyed by damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.