Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yosh Ebonovich
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not too long ago I started picking up some Ultra Pro deck boxes for various games with a lot of cards (Grand Austria Hotel, Le Havre, Lords of Waterdeep, Race for the Galaxy, etc.). These deck boxes work a lot better than baggies or rubber bands. However, I couldn't find a similar product for mini cards. Along the way while searching around I found the Super Deluxe Tuckbox Template Maker: http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/

I measured each deck of mini cards and added a bit of a buffer on each dimension. I used the thickest paper my laser printer would allow for printing out the templates, and then taped the back side of each sheet of paper with duct tape. Cut along the lines on the other side as the template dictates, fold on the dotted lines, fold the whole thing together, and a bit more tape to hold it in place.

I'm certainly happy with the results and I've made around 10 of them now in various sizes/thicknesses for games. Each one takes maybe ten or fifteen minutes to put together.

They aren't ultra durable like a real plastic deck box would be, but the tape gives it a bit more rigidity and will hopefully help it last a lot longer than it would otherwise.

Here's the set for Viticulture:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rouleau
United States
Pennsauken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duct tape is bulky and falls apart over time. Use glue. Even better if you use specialty paper glue which is designed to not buckle the paper, and provide a stronger hold when bonding paper. You can find it at Amazon, and probably even Michaels or AC Moore. Don't use white craft glue like Elmer's. If you do, use it sparingly.

You should also check the files page for games you own, a lot of people have made custom tuck box templates already that includes graphic design that is themed to the game, so you don't just have a plain box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosh Ebonovich
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice recommendations. I appreciate that. This was my first attempt at putting them together - I'm happy with how they turned out, but I'm sure there's room for improvement. At any rate, hopefully this first batch will last a little while.

-brainpattern

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Menno Mekes
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I just finished custom deck boxes for Agricola (Dutch version) with the Dutch expansions. Since I'm a building engineer at an architects office I drafted the boxes myself using AutoCAD. Then scanned the cards, logo's etc. and created custom boxes, with inset boxes, in photoshop. Lot's of work but that's what a hobby does to you doesn't it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.