Ryan C
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

My wife and I played Raptor for the first time tonight. She played the Raptors and she kept using the "Mother's call" effect to draw babies immediately to the half-circle space for an immediate escape because the Mother was on the L-shaped tile. I told her that didn't seem like a fair move, but she disagreed (of course) and said that the rules didn't say that she couldn't do that.

I'm hoping that one of the designers might be willing to post an official reply to this, or that someone else might be able to direct me to an already posted official reply to this, or direct me to a place in the rules that can put this to rest in case I missed it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
No, you can.t.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
No, you can.t.

Thank you!

Additionally, I was just re-reading the rules and right there in front of my face in the "General Rules" section, bullet point #3:

"The half-spaces are the exit through which the babies have to escape. No other figurine or token (the mother, a scientist or a fire token) can be placed there. The ONLY way a baby can move on such a space is my using the "A baby raptor moves one space" action."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Maesen
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But, you CAN move the baby raptors to an L-shaped space from the 'Mother's call'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanmaesen wrote:
But, you CAN move the baby raptors to an L-shaped space from the 'Mother's call'?

Yes, you can. But not on the half-space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.