$30.00
Viper .
msg tools
To Titanforge Games,

I have read that you are fixing the translation issues (to English) in the rulesbook for Lobotomy, and will offer a properly translated PDF. That is great news. HOWEVER, if there are translation issues on the playing cards, character sheets, etc, PLEASE offer those as properly translated PDFs as well! This is vital for English speakers to enjoy the game (or even play it properly). This is an absolute must, and I hope you are planning to offer such PDFs in a timely manner for all of us English-speaking backers.

Please kindly respond to this post in this thread.

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to that.

I am planning to buy a copy in Essen, it all depends on if TFG will communicate about what is wrong with it right now (just rules? cards? scenarios?) and what is planned to fix it.

As of now, only the rules seem to have a plan to be fixed – if that is all, and no other components are affected, it's fine with me.

Please respond, I really want to buy this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
+1 to that.

I am planning to buy a copy in Essen, it all depends on if TFG will communicate about what is wrong with it right now (just rules? cards? scenarios?) and what is planned to fix it.

As of now, only the rules seem to have a plan to be fixed – if that is all, and no other components are affected, it's fine with me.

Please respond, I really want to buy this game.

+2

I'd rather have a glimpse on a few cards before buying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest update on KS: The game will be at Essen with 5 copies "to show to the backers" not before saturday.

So there is no hurry. Seems that neither pick ups nor sales will happen right now... and I am there on Thursday, so I'll spend the budget elsewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Latest update on KS: The game will be at Essen with 5 copies "to show to the backers" not before saturday.

So there is no hurry. Seems that neither pick ups nor sales will happen right now... and I am there on Thursday, so I'll spend the budget elsewhere!

Another one bites the dust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For now, at least.
It is ok with me... prevents me from buying it despite the possible errors, now it's time to see some reviews first.
Hope it turns out well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I 100% disagree. If there's translation errors on the cards, we need new ones, not PDFs. Game components need to be fixed, not have reams and reams of paper produced that you have to check back to for everything while you play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
I 100% disagree. If there's translation errors on the cards, we need new ones, not PDFs. Game components need to be fixed, not have reams and reams of paper produced that you have to check back to for everything while you play.

I agree and I don't mind waiting (a bit) for them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Fluidkarma wrote:

To be fair, the latest update is actually letting us know that they *may* not have the games due to shipping issues. If everything runs smoothly, they hope to have them for Saturday and Sunday. They were really specific about the details.

The five boxes of games are a separate shipment they expect to have, expecting them to not have to deal with customs.

So they may still have the full shipment - or they may not. They will hopefully have at least the five games - or they may not. How's your shipping track record?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

I don't have a dime in this dollar, but if they release PDFs of the cards, you can always do paste-ups with some sticker paper. Better that than nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe is right, I did not express it correctly because I interpreted it as super-unlikely that the larger load of games will ever reach Essen. They seemed to having made sure that 5 are there on Saturday, though.

Other than that, PDF cheat sheets or stickers are not an option for me, if the cards are affected by translation errors. New cards or nothing. There is not much info on that right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they'll come up with something - they'll just need some time to work out what that is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad luck for me. Can't be there on the weekend to get my pledge. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
I'm sure they'll come up with something - they'll just need some time to work out what that is

I think so too!
I'd be happy to pay for printed corrected cards and rules.
And before you bash me for this, remember that this is a kickstarter project. When we back a project we aren't even guaranteed that we will get anything. Kickstarter is based on trust. Basically we invest in a product and hope that the developer gets it right so it gets produced. And produced correctly. In this case we at least got one of the two.
And lastly, we don't know how bad the rules and cards are. At least I haven't seen anything.
I really hope that the people that are visiting Essen can enlighten us!
No need to panic over rumors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.