Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: ATTACK ON GOWRON video batrep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never go wrong with a planet in the middle. TNG's Redemption Parts 1 and 2 are among my all time favourite Star Trek episodes ever, so I've been really looking forward to the Klingon Civil War Ops. This one did not disappoint and I had a fantastic time! The speed of the U.S.S. Prometheus totally caught me off guard! Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdsNnPF_O4&feature=youtu.be



5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice video. Watch out for that Prometheus, they can be nasty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Batrep Steve. 5 attack dice with good quality (something the Feds have in abundance) can crack those B'Rel eggshells reliably. Though these days the Klingons have some ways to get Battlestations, which if used for defense can mitigate this some.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish my venue allowed me to play 3 of the same named ship, for us an Enterprise is an Enterprise is an Enterprise so if you have one of them in your fleet no other ship named Enterprise is allowed, doesn't matter on its letter designation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dren608 wrote:
Wish my venue allowed me to play 3 of the same named ship, for us an Enterprise is an Enterprise is an Enterprise so if you have one of them in your fleet no other ship named Enterprise is allowed, doesn't matter on its letter designation.


That isn't standard, it's effectively a house rule. Kind of unfair too.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
re:
carbon_dragon wrote:
Dren608 wrote:
Wish my venue allowed me to play 3 of the same named ship, for us an Enterprise is an Enterprise is an Enterprise so if you have one of them in your fleet no other ship named Enterprise is allowed, doesn't matter on its letter designation.


That isn't standard, it's effectively a house rule. Kind of unfair too.


Yeah, the only Enterprises you cant legally use together is the Tinyprise and the Refit because they have the same name. All the others are differenciated by the "-letter".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SMDMadCow wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
Dren608 wrote:
Wish my venue allowed me to play 3 of the same named ship, for us an Enterprise is an Enterprise is an Enterprise so if you have one of them in your fleet no other ship named Enterprise is allowed, doesn't matter on its letter designation.


That isn't standard, it's effectively a house rule. Kind of unfair too.


Yeah, the only Enterprises you cant legally use together is the Tinyprise and the Refit because they have the same name. All the others are differenciated by the "-letter".


Well put. Yes, they're the same ship, one refitted to the other. Not just the same name, THE SAME SHIP. On the other hand the Enterprise A and the Enterprise Refit are not the same ship. The Enterprise D or E aren't either, nor is the Enterprise B. Now in real thematic, scenario play maybe you wouldn't want them to co-exist, but that's pushing it in STAW.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Now in real thematic, scenario play maybe you wouldn't want them to co-exist


TIME TRAVEL!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Typheron wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:
Now in real thematic, scenario play maybe you wouldn't want them to co-exist


TIME TRAVEL!



Right, perfect example of multiple Enterprises. I made up a mission once for this and had my best time ever! Very Kobayashi Maru though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Neumann
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
You can never go wrong with a planet in the middle. TNG's Redemption Parts 1 and 2 are among my all time favourite Star Trek episodes ever, so I've been really looking forward to the Klingon Civil War Ops. This one did not disappoint and I had a fantastic time! The speed of the U.S.S. Prometheus totally caught me off guard! Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRdsNnPF_O4&feature=youtu.be






Great video! I had hoped you knew about how threatening the Prometheus was though
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice video. I love how you roll with B'Rels every time too. I love generic Vor'Chas myself with the extra 2 Hull. Have you thought about spending points on Improved Hull resource for this build?

And since you run Klingons all the time, do you run into a lot of Picard8 and Salatrel?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
Nice video. I love how you roll with B'Rels every time too. I love generic Vor'Chas myself with the extra 2 Hull. Have you thought about spending points on Improved Hull resource for this build?

And since you run Klingons all the time, do you run into a lot of Picard8 and Salatrel?


No, I've never considered Improved Hull. As a dedicated Klingon player, I'd much rather spend points on an offensive rather than defensive resource. Yes, I've run into space-racist Picard and Salatrel. I find Picard 9 more threatening.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Maizrim wrote:
Nice video. I love how you roll with B'Rels every time too. I love generic Vor'Chas myself with the extra 2 Hull. Have you thought about spending points on Improved Hull resource for this build?

And since you run Klingons all the time, do you run into a lot of Picard8 and Salatrel?


No, I've never considered Improved Hull. As a dedicated Klingon player, I'd much rather spend points on an offensive rather than defensive resource. Yes, I've run into space-racist Picard and Salatrel. I find Picard 9 more threatening.


I think Picard may be more traumatized than racist! Wouldn't you be? imagine being mind controlled into killing your friends.

The B'Rels just seem too fragile these days.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
Nice video. I love how you roll with B'Rels every time too. I love generic Vor'Chas myself with the extra 2 Hull. Have you thought about spending points on Improved Hull resource for this build?

And since you run Klingons all the time, do you run into a lot of Picard8 and Salatrel?


I like the, often overlooked K'Vort. They are missing that one extra attack die from the Vor'Cha, but have the same hull and shields. Shaving a few points here and there can get you some handy upgrades with Klingons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
Doea anyone else think its kinda screwy that openly displaying Gowron not only gets you a free card, but reduces the points your opponent could get (10 vs 20 for covert)? And you dont get any extra points for keeping your Gowron alive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SMDMadCow wrote:
Doea anyone else think its kinda screwy that openly displaying Gowron not only gets you a free card, but reduces the points your opponent could get (10 vs 20 for covert)? And you dont get any extra points for keeping your Gowron alive.


It definitely encourages you to take Gowron but it isn't the weirdest OP rules we've had.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.