Subject: Trump Unbound rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"But even scoring what many characterized as a base-settling win on Sunday night, Republicans and Democrats alike view Trump’s quest for the White House as essentially lost — Monday morning’s NBC poll showed Clinton opening up an 11-point lead over Trump in a four-way race.

Knowing it, he is now behaving like a lame-duck candidate, intent on settling scores, going after the Clintons with a vengeance and scorching vacillating establishment types who are (in Trump’s view) knifing him to save their own corrupt hides. His campaign is expected to bring Bill Clinton’s accusers onto the trail and sources close to the GOP nominee indicate that more sordid allegations about the Clintons’ personal lives may be only days away.

“This campaign is going to be so terrible,” Caputo acknowledged, “we're all going to smell like it for the next seven to eight years.”

For Republicans, it’s already far more terrible than imagined. The first returns from public and private polling taken over the past week show a massive drop-off in GOP down-ballot support, leading many strategists to concede the likelihood of a Democratic Senate and the long unthinkable possibility of also losing the House — a frightening realization that precipitated Ryan’s distancing and the dozens of senators and members of Congress who pulled their endorsements over the weekend."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-campaign-...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

This is a man who is going to leave a stench on the US Political scene for decades with his misogony, bigotry and pure hatred. Kind of summed up by this

"And by Monday night, Trump iterated his anti-media script, indulging the crowd’s hate for reporters by letting supporters scream for two minutes at the press penned into the venue"

It is such a good thing that he is falling so rapidly in the polls, looks like the only thing he will destroy is the GOP. And in this case it looks like a mercy killing. Letting him in the White House would be an existential crises for the Nation.

I titled a thread here labeled (as I remember) "When do we start talking about The Donald being mentally ill". With these performances one believes that talk is starting up all over the nation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And he's like a ball of tar. They can't get him off of them. He's radicalized a third or more of their voters. One of the shows (I think morning joe) said polls show 75% of republican voters feel strongly the republican party should keep him as the candidate (ignoring any legal issues- just their preference). 10% of them actually felt good about the groping bus tape.

And what about after the election? He's talking about starting a tv network with ailes (presumably they can both grope all the blonde females possible there) which will keep the radical trump voters radical until next election.

Does anyone think Trump is going to lose and simply say, "It was a hard fought campaign and I lost. Congratulations, President Clinton."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NO, he will act like a petulant spoiled brat.

It is not him I worry about, he will jut retreat to same lala land of make believe. It is that section of his supporters who support the idea of armed insurrection in response to "dictatorship" (which is how Donny is going to spin his defeat).

IN the same way that the GOP have paid a price for nurturing a monster, I think they (and the American right) will pay a price for nurturing the gun nuts. They are too riled up now to be put peacefully back in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The Onion was very prophetic:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
maxo-texas wrote:
And he's like a ball of tar. They can't get him off of them. He's radicalized a third or more of their voters. One of the shows (I think morning joe) said polls show 75% of republican voters feel strongly the republican party should keep him as the candidate (ignoring any legal issues- just their preference). 10% of them actually felt good about the groping bus tape.

And what about after the election? He's talking about starting a tv network with ailes (presumably they can both grope all the blonde females possible there) which will keep the radical trump voters radical until next election.

Does anyone think Trump is going to lose and simply say, "It was a hard fought campaign and I lost. Congratulations, President Clinton."

If there is such a network set up, predict that the home office will be off shore in a place where sexual harassment is not illegal.

I have no idea where because I don't keep up with such things so some wild guesses -- Jamaica, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Haiti, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
The Onion was very prophetic:

It's orange, spherical, it can kill someone in the street and people still love it. It seems very accurste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve1501 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

If there is such a network set up, predict that the home office will be off shore in a place where sexual harassment is not illegal.

I have no idea where because I don't keep up with such things so some wild guesses -- Jamaica, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Haiti, etc.

Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if right on cue, The Donald ramps up his attack on Paul Ryan for no sane reason whatsoever. The last part is the kicker

“Desite [sic] winning the second debate in a landslide (every poll), it is hard to do well when Paul Ryan and others give zero support!” Trump wrote on Twitter Tuesday morning, one day after Ryan (R-Wis.) told House Republicans that he would not campaign with and no longer defend the GOP nominee.

"Our very weak and ineffective leader, Paul Ryan, had a bad conference call where his members went wild at his disloyalty," Trump wrote in a subsequent post about an hour later, which was followed by a third tweet stating: "It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-paul-ryan-feud-2...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Oh boy. Four more week of absolute craziness. Wonder if any sane people will be left in the GOP at the end of this

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-paul-ryan-feud-2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy it republicans, it's what you wanted. It's the sum of all you created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Desite [sic] winning the second debate in a landslide (every poll)

What's the point of lies like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:

Oh boy. Four more week of absolute craziness. Wonder if any sane people will be left in the GOP at the end of this

Unfortunately the sane people have to pander to the Trump supporters or they will lose office.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/paul-ryan-needs-trump-mo...

This is the reason why all of those Republicans waffle so much and say I don't support him but will still vote for them, they need Trump voters.

I find it rather sad.

I worry that even though it looks like Trump is going to lose, his brand of craziness is here to stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking we should all get our popcorn out.

Those shackles are the only thing that got him close in the polls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:

Oh please, scorch the earth you great orange messiah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf
Germany
KY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if the point has been made before, but then no harm done in making it again:

People who supported Trump did not change their opinion over that tape. Everyone seems to be working together to keep him from the White House. Anyone surprised?

The number of people sick of their vote not making any difference is bigger than you might realise. Is it one in fifteen now that still counts? Is that still a democracy? And still all media and all 'real' politicians just keep the rotten thing going. The number of people looking for the biggest wrench to throw is growing.

I mean, blame who you want, but the point is: if he isn't going to win that election (and I doubt this), following in his footsteps will be even worse candidates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
jeff brown wrote:

Oh please, scorch the earth you great orange messiah.

Best quote I've seen for this all day

"It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and now I can ask my daughter out on a date"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nodens wrote:
Don't know if the point has been made before, but then no harm done in making it again:

People who supported Trump did not change their opinion over that tape. Everyone seems to be working together to keep him from the White House. Anyone surprised?

The number of people sick of their vote not making any difference is bigger than you might realise. Is it one in fifteen now that still counts? Is that still a democracy? And still all media and all 'real' politicians just keep the rotten thing going. The number of people looking for the biggest wrench to throw is growing.

I mean, blame who you want, but the point is: if he isn't going to win that election (and I doubt this), following in his footsteps will be even worse candidates.
who will also not win, becasue the number of people who do not believe in cutting of their nose to spite their face is far greater then the number who do.

The more lunatic those candidates become the harder they will find it to get any they actually want elected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
flag msg tools
Trump Unbound? That sounds a great title and subject for the next Tarantino film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Nodens wrote:

What the ..... ??

You are basically saying the vast majority of American voters are mindless sheep who swallow what the "media" says without question and vote according to the dictates of high-powered editors and high-level politicians. You sir, are incorrect. For all the whining from the Left and the Right, the media is not covering up allegations of misdeeds by Clinton or Trump. The only difference -- and I believe it an important distinction -- is that for more than 30 years, Hillary Clinton has been in the political spotlight as a governor's wife, a president's wife, a US Senator and finally Secretary of State. Her trash bin has been thoroughly looted by the "media" (not to mention innumerable House and Senate investigations). There is nothing really new coming out about Hillary (no, not the Wikileaks crap, which is just crap). On the other hand, although Donald Trump has been in the spotlight for decades, he's never been involved in politics, much less run for office. So everything coming out is new about him.

Not sure how politics goes in your country. In the US, it's a blood sport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does any one think he won't run again in 4 years? It'll be as an independent but he'll be back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Nodens wrote:
surprise GOP 2020: "the 'Shocker'! TWO TIMES you 'Pinkoes' & FU-1-'stinkoes'~" \.V.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedV wrote:
Does any one think he won't run again in 4 years? It'll be as an independent but he'll be back.
No I do not think his mindset is one that will allow him to try again if he fails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All the unhinged. ALL OF IT!

Bwahahahaha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Christ. Can you imagine his upcoming fucking "concession" speech? What a shitshow that's going to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Christ. Can you imagine his upcoming fucking "concession" speech? What a shitshow that's going to be.

I just hope he does make a concession speech if he loses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

I just hope he does make a concession speech if he loses.

Does banging his head on the floor count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.