Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom» Forums » General

Subject: Dungeon Degenerates Looks Punk-Metal Good rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laz Greys
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Dungeon Degenerates: Hand of Doom... Wow! The board, the cards... It all looks rockin'! The creators are a couple of old-school role-playing and Games Workshop fans whom were also in a noise band.

And, there is some praise from John Blanche and Rick Priestley. Considering all the old-school references, I'm surprised that Bolt Thrower weren't mentioned!

The Kickstarter starts October 11. And, there is solo-play option too! But, I hope that my girlfriend will play with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ぶる ぶるっ
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
Super keen for this. Kind of hoping one of the stretch goals is a metal game soundtrack by the creators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter is up now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seanaaberg/dungeon-dege...

We definitely have plans to release Dungeon Degenerates music at some point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed it just for the low-brow art; in fact, I can see myself framing the board and monster cards rather than actually playing the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely need to see the rules for this one. So far, it sort of has the feel of an art/story project with a game tacked on. The gameplay sounds really promising, and if it's really good, I might want the game despite not really appreciating the aesthetic choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We also have a record label - "Rock&Rule Records". We just put a 7" by Glitter Wizard, we will undoubtedly put out music to play by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cheers - as much as the art is an emphasis point in this game & in everything that GOBLINKO, we are totally invested in creating very fun to play, engaging games & products in general that are conceptually solid as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool to see a BGG entry for this and the creators as members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Definitely need to see the rules for this one. So far, it sort of has the feel of an art/story project with a game tacked on. The gameplay sounds really promising, and if it's really good, I might want the game despite not really appreciating the aesthetic choices.

I feel similarly, though I LOVE the art/style. After being pretty disappointed with Cave Evil after buying it because I loved the metal aesthetic I'm going to need more than loving the shit out of the art to pick this one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I hope this helps;

more to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Radey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There is gameplay video here:

and more to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My... retinas.... burning... going... blind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
This hit a part of my brain that has laid dormant for years. I must have it. I must play it. I must degenerate!

I watched the kickstarter video and thought these are dudes I want to get a beer with. Also a couple glasses of bourbon. Then I want to play any game with them. Their call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
IMCarnochan wrote:
This hit a part of my brain that has laid dormant for years. I must have it. I must play it. I must degenerate!

I watched the kickstarter video and thought these are dudes I want to get a beer with. Also a couple glasses of bourbon. Then I want to play any game with them. Their call.

I thought the same. I saw the art and thought wow, these must be some cool dudes. Then I saw the video and other material they have made and saw they were!

I love this art, reminds me of my early Tunnels and Trolls game books. I cannot back because I am looking for work, but I wish all the best for the project and big props for the awesome artwork and design ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Äaberg
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reed - Aaron - yes - have a drink with me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.