Subject: Zane Burger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
In a case of what looks like life imitating art, a new burger joint opened recently in my town: Zane Burger. I cannot quite tell whether the trade dress is sincere nostalgia, ironic, or both. Nevertheless, it was a joy to eat there for the first time today, and not just because I enjoyed the burger diner experience.

The menu reminded me of Food Chain Magnate (although the typefaces aren't quite the same, they both evoke a feel from 60 years ago):

What my dining experience really reminded me of was that older burger joints often served milkshakes, and I've always lamented that milkshakes were not one of the drinks used in FCM.

I've been toying around with how gameplay would change if even just two more resources were added into the game: say, milkshakes and fried chicken. Such permutations! Would it be unwieldy?

One would have to have new milk(shake) tiles to place in some randomized manner next to the roads on the board tiles so that the drivers could go buy the milk/ice cream (for the restaurants to make the milkshakes). There would also be a need for fried chicken cooks and chicken chefs.

All I really want to do at the moment is find a way mass produce a bunch of wooden white milkshake and drumstick meeples, so that I can play my bootleg Drumstick Expansion to FCM at Zane Burger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Especially in lower-player counts, it would make the brand director (radio) milestone especially powerful for whatever drink happens to not appear on the board. If you will play with it, it would probably be best to make the unthematic rule that milkshakes may be obtained at any drink location.

As for the chicken, it seems like it would be a simple thing to add, but my guess would be that adding a third food item to the two existing items would simply create a kind of diminishing returns. The two food/three drink split is very well balanced as-is.

Probably the best idea of any would be if these albeit suggested changes were purely cosmetic. (Mint shake replaces beer or vanilla shake replaces lemonade? A straight replacement of pizza cooks/chefs with fried chicken cooks/chefs?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Quote:
GRASS-FED BEEF

Whatever will they think of next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin D.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have milk shakes not appear on the board at all but instead serve as a wild beverage. No advertising for milkshakes but they can be used to satisfy other beverage demands, kind of like people show up thinking they want lemonade but they are happy to take a milkshake instead. The employee could be a 1X that branches off from Errand Boy or Cart Operator and maybe it only produces 1 Milkshake (2 with first Errand Boy).

I think adding fried chicken could prevent the stalemate price wars that tend to happen in 2 player games, possibly 3 players, but might be too much for 4-5 player games, so maybe it's a low player variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
Quote:
GRASS-FED BEEF

Whatever will they think of next?

Highland Cow delivers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Especially in lower-player counts, it would make the brand director (radio) milestone especially powerful for whatever drink happens to not appear on the board. If you will play with it, it would probably be best to make the unthematic rule that milkshakes may be obtained at any drink location.

As for the chicken, it seems like it would be a simple thing to add, but my guess would be that adding a third food item to the two existing items would simply create a kind of diminishing returns. The two food/three drink split is very well balanced as-is.

Probably the best idea of any would be if these albeit suggested changes were purely cosmetic. (Mint shake replaces beer or vanilla shake replaces lemonade? A straight replacement of pizza cooks/chefs with fried chicken cooks/chefs?)

Its the 2/5th compromise. Its worked well in the past...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon James
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maghd wrote:
You could have milk shakes not appear on the board at all but instead serve as a wild beverage. No advertising for milkshakes but they can be used to satisfy other beverage demands, kind of like people show up thinking they want lemonade but they are happy to take a milkshake instead. The employee could be a 1X that branches off from Errand Boy or Cart Operator and maybe it only produces 1 Milkshake (2 with first Errand Boy).

I love this idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
All I really want to do at the moment is find a way mass produce a bunch of wooden white milkshake and drumstick meeples, so that I can play my bootleg Drumstick Expansion to FCM at Zane Burger.

Drumstick tokens are already being made: http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=2155&name=1+chi...

Also, sausages: https://www.spielematerial.de/en/sausage.html

Couldn't find any milkshake tokens, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.