Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wrote a guide somewhere else and thought it belonged here also.

Please give opinions and feedback guys!

Welcome to one of the best games I ever played!

I was lucky to be one of the play testers of this game and I can say that with experience the game becomes easy and you can manage to have a win rate of 70%+.

I'm a little tired so I will only cover the most basic stuff that comes to my mind as I type, if you guys like and are interested I can try to write a guide.

- fighting monsters usually isn't a must, experience will tell you which monsters to fight (usually the ones with reckoning effects and the ones blocking portals you need to close)
- close the portals that we threatening the doom track (next in omen order).
- manage the game, with experience you can know which cards already showed up in the mythic and which are yet to show. You can know when reckoning has a good chance to come.
- get debts when you acquire items. Only a couple of the debts are really bad and it's easy to pay them.
- if there is nothing good that you can afford on the assets track remember that you can discard card. Some cards are very situational, it isn't a bad card but it isn't what you need now.
- use and abuse the character's special powers.
- look at the icons showing what is a good chance of showing in each location, if I remember correctly (long time since I last played) Tokyo is good at dealing with monsters, Benos Aires is good to find treasure, etc.
- remember that you can trade stuff as an action.
- use the characters deaths if you need. Dying isn't a big issue here, you get back with a new char and with an encounter get the last char's possessions and bring the doom track Toll back, cumulating with your new starting items.

And one more, a big one, to get used with the game, tune up your mythos deck.
Most e people don't remember that the mythos cards have a difficulty rating, a card with a tentacle is hard, one with that's snow like blue symbol is easy (sometimes even just giving you free stuff) and the ones without marks are moderate. If you are losing too much make a deck with easy mythos as you get more experienced with the game.

With a decent amount of plays you will get close to desiring to play only "hard" mythos decks.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it odd, that you write a guide when you are tired and haven`t played the game in a while.
Bit nontheless those are the basic tips I would agree with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
rdonoso wrote:

With a decent amount of plays you will get close to desiring to play only "hard" mythos decks.

Thanks for the tips, and based on my win % (about 20%), I think it'll be a bit before I go with only hard mythos cards :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebiroe wrote:
I find it odd, that you write a guide when you are tired and haven`t played the game in a while.
Bit nontheless those are the basic tips I would agree with.

I was browsing reddit and find someone asking for help, since I have more then 100 games played (althought few of them last year) I thought I could try to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.