BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Crowd Funding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
np vang
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi, Im rather new to crowdfunding, and I am looking to see if I can gain support in my prototype I like to release into market. The problem with this right now is that I am not certain of the price my prototype will cost when I go for manufacturing. Should I just release a kickstarter introducing my prototype and ask if anyone can donate 1$. If anyone can explain to me the process, it will be much appreciated, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Kirk
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before even thinking about starting a kickstarter you need to know a lot of things.

I would say that knowing the costs of production is up there with the important stuff.

Get in touch with publishers, and get some quotes.

Don't post on Kickstarter until you have read the entire of http://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter/lessons/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Copy Imitator
msg tools
badge
Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck I'm scared of toasters.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have to ask this question please do not start your project on kickstarter yet. You are not ready.

Go read this: Game Design & Self-Publishing – A Resource for Game Designers before you do anything else.

You do NOT want to get in this thread: Worst Kickstarter Ever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Webster
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As well as the rest of the recommendations that have already been made, I would like to add:

http://www.gatekeepergaming.com/kickstarter-advice-columns/

As one of the most comprehensive, step by step guides I've ever read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.