6 Posts

Kemet: Ta-Seti» Forums » General

Subject: Should I use Any Expansion module on my first kemet game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I just got both the base game and expansion, I am wondering wich if any ta seti modules I should use from the first game onwards, Im ok waiting for a while too but in some cases some modules just help balancing the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the new victory condition in my first game, and it went very well. I'd be hesitant to include the black tiles or the ta-seti board as the existing power tiles are already a lot to take in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Elliker
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I would probably play with all the options except perhaps the Path to Ta-Seti (i.e. the board expansion with the priests). Additionally, depending on the number of players and how experienced with games they are, I might consider not using the black color.

Black Power Tiles:
The new color has one big advantage and one big disadvantage. On the one hand, there is not as much pressure to race to specific tiles as with only three colors. On the other hand, there are more power tiles they need to learn and choosing the colors to play with may seem a bit daunting at first.

The Path to Ta-Seti:
This one adds a ton of new things to learn that are not like anything else in the game (i.e. whilst the black tiles work like the red, blue, and white ones, there is nothing in the game that works like the path to Ta-Seti). Thus, it might be a good idea to not include it at first.

Gotta say tho, I was in the same position as you are now a couple of months ago and, as far as I remember, we used everything right from the start.

If you play with the new color and the new DI cards and if you have the time, print a copy of a player aid for each player (this one is really great: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135966/kemet-complete-...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would avoid the ta seti board. It really does not add anything worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziga Zupanek
Slovenia
Domžale
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Personally, I would play only with the components and rules of the base game. This way there is much less checking/reading what each power tile and DI card do (which can cog down the game immensely).
Try it with 3, maybe 4 players and 8 VPs (if you want short, sweet experience).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Thx guys!

I think I will use the base game and modules 2 and 4 (Dawn phase and the alternative victory condition), the rest of the content I will introduce in the future to digest it meanwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.