Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Negotiator wrote:
Any explanation?

They didn't feel like it would fund so pulled the plug to tinker and reboot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update pretty much answered your question. They will be back with some things tinkered and adjusted. It happens to a lot of games that aren't picking up the momentum that the designers think they should.

On the positive note, the last couple campaigns that I have been watching that this happened to have come back much improved for the second campaign so everyone wins in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I check KS for new board games on a regular basis and the first I saw of Skyways was with only 8 days left in the campaign! Not sure why it was flying under my radar or if the lack of visibility is why it struggled and failed to fund? I'll be keeping an eye out for the reboot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the visual appeal of the game components is above average (especially the capitals) I can't help but compare it to the classic board game 'Manhattan'. The buildings of Skyways are supposed to be super-uber skyscrapers of the future and yet the finished Manhattan buildings are much more impressive especially after the window recesses are filled in with a metallic paint pen. Perhaps they'll up the ante on components for a reboot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.