Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont have much to go on besides the pictures and the information posted so far but I do like the general concept going on and of course the art is a win for me. My only concern is that the game might almost have to much reliance on dice and not enough of ways of mitigating this. B-Sieged really seem to struggle with this barrage of randomness so I hope M-Lands isn't to dice heavy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víctor Fernández
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Well, M-LANDS comes with a lot of dice, but the luck factor is VERY LOW.
In this game, your strategy is based in the TRAPS, carried items/weapons and in the combat skills of your mercenaries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
second gate games
Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
Re: Too much reliance on dice?
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
Dont have much to go on besides the pictures and the information posted so far but I do like the general concept going on and of course the art is a win for me. My only concern is that the game might almost have to much reliance on dice and not enough of ways of mitigating this. B-Sieged really seem to struggle with this barrage of randomness so I hope M-Lands isn't to dice heavy.

Great that you love the artwork, Simon, we do, too!

M-Lands is all about manipulating your luck, really. Lucky rolls won't win you the game, proper planning and cunning allocation will. There are plenty of ways you can modify roll results in battles and we have introduced innovative mechanisms for persuasion dice used in the Citadel that turn low numbers into powerful tools.

Needless to say that we are well aware that randomness can be a "scary factor" in a game containing 80 dice. But we believe that we have built solid rules that mitigate the luck factor and our beta-testers are confirming that. That said, some randomness IS of course present, and we want that, it's what makes the battles exciting.

I see that you already subscribed to our newsletter at http://eepurl.com/cVd93T. That's great, we will soon be starting to pour more information to you guys. Everyone welcome to participate in the final part of our journey to the KS launch in Q4, '17!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.