Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Next year there will be the 500. anniversary of the start of the Reformation. I really think Ed and GMT should consider a special (super deluxe?) reprint for that....or are there already plans...?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT already has a production pipeline that is running at full capacity. The current edition is already pretty nice with a mounted mapboard and chunky counters. I wouldn't want to see an enlarged map, because the game, once you have the charts and player mats out along the map, already has a pretty big footprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Entner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest GMT update, at http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--September-16-..., says that the reprint is tentatively scheduled for release 2Q/2017. It sounds like a straight reprint, which if it's the same as the second printing, would count at least as "deluxe" (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kraus
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing I wish they had on the playing board that they don't is the table for exploration/conquest rolls. It gets annoyingly tedious trying to find the sheet of cardstock or the location in the rulebook for those every turn. I feel like there was plenty of room on the board for it right next to the New World display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, there is alot I could imagine to make even more special than "just" deluxe:
- I really dislike it (same in VQ) how difficult it is tell which religious state a city has and to which country it belongs. One solution would be to make the religigious/political status visable by counters, a bit bigger than the city and the counters covering it, or even make them just like rings around the cities.
- Give some more historical backgroundinformations/designers notes with the game

entner wrote:
The latest GMT update, at http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--September-16-..., says that the reprint is tentatively scheduled for release 2Q/2017. It sounds like a straight reprint, which if it's the same as the second printing, would count at least as "deluxe" (IMHO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A double sided board would be cool. One that represents a severe Calvinist aesthetic, the other the most baroque flourishes of the counter reformation.

Or cards with two ends, identical, but the writing could be very pejoratively written with a bias to reformation or counter reformation depending on which way up you hold it. So reformation and counter reformation states gets to read the same event in a totally different way.

Just silly fun things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
St Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and the details have dropped. GMT update today:

* 6 brand new cards added to the deck, including Thomas More, Thomas Cromwell, Rough Wooing, and Imperial Coronation

* Revisions to over 15 existing cards including Copernicus, Master of Italy, and Machiavelli to allow for more exciting in-game play and additional possibilities for diplomatic deals

* A new Chateau construction table is now used to resolve France's Patron of the Arts home card plays

* Several Virgin Queen rule updates are incorporated back into Here I Stand, affecting minor power activation, piracy, space trading, and foreign wars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
* 6 brand new cards added to the deck, including Thomas More, Thomas Cromwell, Rough Wooing, and Imperial Coronation

A thicker deck means less chance of rulers dying. It's rare enough to see Mary rule England already.

JoelCFC25 wrote:
* Revisions to over 15 existing cards including Copernicus, Master of Italy, and Machiavelli to allow for more exciting in-game play and additional possibilities for diplomatic deals

Sounds promising.

JoelCFC25 wrote:
* A new Chateau construction table is now used to resolve France's Patron of the Arts home card plays

Meh.

JoelCFC25 wrote:
* Several Virgin Queen rule updates are incorporated back into Here I Stand, affecting minor power activation, piracy, space trading, and foreign wars

Ruh-roh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally with you, Kristian. Maybe some cards will be removed to make way for the new ones?

Changing France's HC only seems necessary for the Tournament Scenario and just maybe regular '32. I'm also skeptical of attempts to make HIS more like VQ. I love both, but each has its own flavor for many different reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.