Subject: Prototype Playtest at SPIEL 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Channing Jones
Germany
Kleve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play a prototype version of the game at the Essen game fair this year at the booth of the Argentum Verlag (Hall 3, Stand G114).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david vindtorp
msg tools
mbmb
got a walkthrough of the rules at Essen Spiel.

this type of game is usually not my kind of tea, but this time it was different.

all the rules seemed to fit perfectly with the theme. I was frankly a bit amazed.

quick rundown: you are all gnome politicians. (think english parlaiment here). You yell, threaten, bribe and whine until one of you have contrived enough backing to be reckognized as the senior gnome. (amass enough victory points to trigger the endgame)

the basics of the are very simple.
1. one player gets to choose a law that will be voted on. (this law can be instant or something that lasts a while in the game. usually it will be a law that will appeal more to some of the players and less to others.
2. now everyone starts discussing. there are 3 things in the game. money, extra votes and your own vote. once you declare whether you are pro or con the law you lay down your yes/no chip. you are allowed to change your vote but not retract it. this is very common in real life politics as the politicians change their minds all the time. but once they have stepped into the light they cannot back away. you can also add extra votes as much as you like, but you cannot take them back. again, the higher you yell atop your soapbox the harder it is to step down.
3. once everyone have declared a vote a tally begins and you are no longer allowed to add votes or change what you have voted. and here comes the twist. Everyone who have voted with the majority gets a victory point! like IRL it is always the ones who made stuff happens or the once who prevented something who gets the fame.

Money can be used together with some laws to do stuff and can be used as bribes. (and victory points if I remember correctly)

I look forward to the day when the game is published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.