Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to learn the game and have used the Example of play for turn 2 for the Japanese player's turn. I saw that Adam Startweather in the second deployment sent two destroyers to Singapore to keep the British from sending replacements to Rangoon. In sea deployment the replacement could not land due to the Japanese unit in the square with the British. But could during the operational phase? I assume the British player would have to fight his/her way in if the Japanese intercepted the British task force with his DDs? And could freely enter if there was not any Japanese ships with in reaction range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Steve,

This is a sort of a misplay in the example - at least, is probably misleading in the "why" do this. The Brits couldn't land a replacement unit during op move because you need sea control to land the replacement and the Brits don't have a unit that can get sea control on turn 2...only have a CVL and that can't enter the sea control box.

There is no need for the Japanese naval units in Singapore to prevent replacement on turn 2. However, having a naval presence for the IJN at Singapore is certainly worthwhile..but probably best done on turn 3 or so...although money is always tight for the IJN.

Sorry about that,

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see why now. I am playing it solitaire. In the Allied turn the US landed the 1st Marine XX (4) on Wake. One US CA was sunk by air but the land battle ended with both US and Japanese units intact (one hit by the Jap. and 0 by US). Now,if the Japanese player were to move a land unit there to reniforce it would do so in the op move because there is an enemy unit in the square even though it still is a Japanese home base? Adam you are a big help. I am starting to really like FitS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.