Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In looking at the rules, my wife and I had conflicting views on whether you win or not with both 2x cards and the time travel card. The rules say that, with the time travel card, you lose regardless of the other cards you have. The 2x cards say that having both makes you win, no questions asked, so long as you meet the win condition. My impression is that the time travel card keeps you from meeting the win condition, but my wife is saying that the time travel card having the superpower symbol makes it so that the win condition is met. Our third person in the game agreed saying that the time travel card keeps you from the winning condition. Are there any clarifications anyone could provide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Castagnetto
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Time Travel Card trumps all other cards. Thus "If you have this card at the end of the game, you lose, regardless of any other cards you may have."

So if you have the two 2x cards and the time travel card, although the 2x cards allow you to win the game the time travel will trump that.

So Instant Lose trumps Instant Win.

There is a promo card coming out shortly that nullifies the game text of your superpower. This promo card will be the only way to cancel the instant lose of the Time travel Card.

So keep an eye out for that

Glad your enjoying the game and keep spreading the wishes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! I'm glad to hear we played it correctly. This is turning into my next "waiting for our food at restaurants" game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.