Subject: Poll of the Day? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or not but I think it'd be pretty fun to include a Poll of the Day on the homepage. With the redesign in progress, it could be a perfect time to include one. If a daily poll is too much, perhaps there can be a Poll of the Week. I always find it interesting to see what the community thinks about certain things.

I thought about it after going on GameFAQs as they have a Poll of the Day and always find it interesting to see what the results are. Some of them are user based so there could be a submission process by users. Any thoughts or conclusions from a previous discussion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't already know about them, you might enjoy the TGIF polls, e.g. The 374th Edition of the TGIF Poll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. I will definitely subscribe to that but I still think it would be interesting to have a poll right on the front page because that would encompass more of the community as there will be more participants. Perhaps it would be too much work to implement but it was just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming up with 365 interesting questions a year would be difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin Maggi wrote:
Coming up with 365 interesting questions a year would be difficult.

No problem - you can just have polls to decide which questions are most interesting. No, wait...

But yes, like OP mentioned, a weekly poll could also be work. (It would also permit more interesting longer discussion about the poll in comments.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He sweetened his game with aspartame and an overgrown sign pointed the way to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Subscribe to skutsch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.