Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
And if so should we get deluxe or the base game with the robots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stock ownership games in general (and I think that this one is not an exception) tend to be more interesting with more than 2 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Stock ownership games in general (and I think that this one is not an exception) tend to be more interesting with more than 2 players.

but that's subjective, Asked if this is any good with two. Tesla works fine with two, why can't this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
russ wrote:

but that's subjective, Asked if this is any good with two. Tesla works fine with two, why can't this?

Exactly. It is subjective. You asked if it was good with two, which is subjective, and you got a subjective answer. I also think you lose too much of what makes Power Grid good when you play with only 2. Robots, new 2p rules, or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
russ wrote:

Russ answered you!

Is it your goal in life to post in every game-forum asking if that game is good with two only to be dissatisfied when nice geeks take the time to answer you, explaining why, but don't give you the answer you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you really just asking "does it work with two?"

Because yes, yes it does "work" with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
russ wrote:

but that's subjective, Asked if this is any good with two.

And I thought I answered!

BTW it's not only subjective. There are some objective concrete effects of stock-holding mechanisms which you lose in a 2-player game, e.g. the emergent alliances (2 players each with half of a company's shares are pointlessly tied in a 2-player game, each gaining equally and not changing their relative positions, but interestingly tied when there are other players in the game which they are both gaining against).

Quote:
Tesla works fine with two, why can't this?

I don't know which Tesla game you mean; assuming Tesla vs. Edison: War of Currents, FWIW I see that 68% in its user poll say "Not Recommended" for 2 players... But if you are in a minority which likes that stock-holding game with 2 players, then you may also like Power Grid with stock as a 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilouboy wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
russ wrote:

Russ answered you!

Is it your goal in life to post in every game-forum asking if that game is good with two only to be dissatisfied when nice geeks take the time to answer you, explaining why, but don't give you the answer you want?

nope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get the base game (it's cheaper and has lots of expansions) and use the Trust rules (which are posted in the files section for PG classic) that came with deluxe.

Or classic plus Robots.

PG is better with more players but serviceable with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blanket rule. The Trust is very good for two players, otherwise play Power Grid with more than two players for a better experience (and I am saying that with Power Grid as one of my favourite games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.