13 Posts

Great Western Trail» Forums » General

Subject: Improved Dutch version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

This week, I received a newsletter from Dutch game Publisher 999 games. They are going to publish a Dutch version of Great Western Trail in November.

In the newsletter they stated that the Dutch version will be slightly improved, compared to the German/English version.

Does anyone has any idea what they mean? What will the improvement(s) be? I have send them an email about it but still no answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Diest-Webbekom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following newsitem only talks about a box cover change (from black and white into full colour):

http://www.bordspelmania.eu/nieuws/great-western-trail-komt-...

I also send a mail for extra info on this, but just as you nothing in response.

I think they don't want us to go ahead and buy at Essen ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if they don't tell us what they've 'improved' (I'm sceptical), I will go ahead and buy it at Essen

p.s. My boyfriend also asked them via facebook and he also didn't get a response yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Promoting the different cover makes sense to me. I find it very hard to believe there would be differences in gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don´t see the colored box as an improvement. I like the b&w better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
luish wrote:
I don´t see the colored box as an improvement. I like the b&w better.

I was surprised at how nice the early black & white was. They call the current cover "sepia."

The game itself is quite colorful and bright. I like the appearance a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
Francesco Neri
mbmbmbmb
honestly i think there isn't much that can be improved.... maybe cards quality...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Amos
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there's always exclusive content.

Eggertspiele did it with Mombasa. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
Belgium
Hove
flag msg tools
Game Over Man, Game Over!
mbmbmbmbmb
Erwin from 'De Bordspeler' asked 999 Games and apparently there are only some graphic changes,so no other changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IntvGene wrote:
Well, there's always exclusive content.

Eggertspiele did it with Mombasa. shake

Ah yes, now that you mention it, the Dutch version will include three extra building tiles per player!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Dalen
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woozle1977 wrote:
Erwin from 'De Bordspeler' asked 999 Games and apparently there are only some graphic changes,so no other changes.

I asked as well, but I got a reply that they didn't want to make the changes public yet. Bit silly that it still got out At least we know now.
Anyhow, if I like what I see at Essen I definitely won't be waiting for the 999 Games version if the 'improvements' are just a bit of altered art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jelle Daems
Belgium
Laakdal
Vlaamse Gewest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was 100% sure that this would be the first game I was going to buy at Essen... but now I'm having second thoughts. Should I wait for the Dutch version or not?

They said that the release was going to be in November and the price was going to be 44,99€.

Or should I buy the game in Essen? If so, is this game language independent? If not, then it will be easier for most of my friends to get into this game if the language is Dutch.

And what small improvements would they be talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexander Pfister mentioned here that the game is language independent (except the rules of course).

The small improvements 999games is talking about appear to be only art-related in nature (as discussed in the posts before).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.