Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Loving this game so far! Just have a quick clarifying question.

For the Event "Overwhelmed" it states "Before the Alien Spawning Phase, each Character must Retreat 3 spaces (follow arrows).

I had a couple instances where Aliens were in my way for retreating, and essentially I had to "push" them out of the way. Do you think I should have taken wounds for that? If so, this event seems a bit brutal as I am pushing the aliens forward AND taking damage, but then it is a bad event and it was my fault for not getting rid of it!

Just curious if anyone knows a ruling on this one.

Thank you!

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I believe that it's only when aliens push you that you take damage. One of the designers chimed in on a question about if the push was the result of a character, but had an alien in between. I'm pretty sure the answer was that the character at the end of that chain was pushed by an alien and thus took damage but that the original character doing the pushing did not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Degnan
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rpvt wrote:
I believe that it's only when aliens push you that you take damage. One of the designers chimed in on a question about if the push was the result of a character, but had an alien in between. I'm pretty sure the answer was that the character at the end of that chain was pushed by an alien and thus took damage but that the original character doing the pushing did not.

+1. this was mentioned somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.