4 Posts

Sheriff of Nottingham» Forums » General

Subject: What NEW contraband would you like to see? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone thought of any cool ideas for new contraband? What stipulations/rewards/penalties would they have?

I'd like to see more illegal weapons, jewels, and royal goods.

Stuff like this would be completely thematic. Maybe weapons like... arrows, arrowheads, a dagger, a blunderbuss, a sling, and since not everyone has the Prince John's Sword promo, maybe another type of sword.

As for other stuff, maybe a necklace or crown, an ink quill, a gauntlet, maybe a fancy chalice. Stuff like that.

Maybe a jester's hat/cap, as a wink to Magic The Gathering

What would YOU like to see added to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bishop
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What contraband would you like to see?
Last time I played the game, I had the thought of smuggling people in. People like Robin Hood, Little John, and others in the merry band of thieves.

If the people are smuggled through they are shown give immediate money (they paid the smuggler) of ranging amounts and then cause damage to the other players or sheriff player like stealing a specific legal goods card or a random facedown contraband card to give it to the smuggler.

If the people are caught there is a penalty and then the sheriff player gets to add the person card to his hand/gets to keep the card face-up and scores points off of it.

Mostly, it would be fun to think I am doing the movie/story cliché of hiding some person in my cart as guards leer around it.

Examples (did not do reward/penalty because those could be high or low for balance):

Robin Hood
If smuggled through can steal one legal good from the person who has the most in a category to give to the person who has the least in a category

Little John
If smuggled through can steal one face-down contraband and give it to player who smuggled Little John through

Maid Marian
If smuggled through can flip up to 3 contrabands of other players face-up. These cannot be flipped back but still belong to that player

Friar Tuck
If smuggled through can remove from the game two legal goods belonging to the sheriff player (he eats them) of the players choice, but if caught eats two legal goods belonging to the merchant who tried to smuggle him in of the sheriffs choice.

Edited to add examples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Windmillfighter wrote:
Last time I played the game, I had the thought of smuggling people in. People like Robin Hood, Little John, and others in the merry band of thieves.

If the people are smuggled through they are shown give immediate money (they paid the smuggler) of ranging amounts and then cause damage to the other players or sheriff player like stealing a specific legal goods card or a random facedown contraband card to give it to the smuggler.

If the people are caught there is a penalty and then the sheriff player gets to add the person card to his hand/gets to keep the card face-up and scores points off of it.

Mostly, it would be fun to think I am doing the movie/story cliché of hiding some person in my cart as guards leer around it.

Examples (did not do reward/penalty because those could be high or low for balance):

Robin Hood
If smuggled through can steal one legal good from the person who has the most in a category to give to the person who has the least in a category

Little John
If smuggled through can steal one face-down contraband and give it to player who smuggled Little John through

Maid Marian
If smuggled through can flip up to 3 contrabands of other players face-up. These cannot be flipped back but still belong to that player

Friar Tuck
If smuggled through can remove from the game two legal goods belonging to the sheriff player (he eats them) of the players choice, but if caught eats two legal goods belonging to the merchant who tried to smuggle him in of the sheriffs choice.

Edited to add examples

Wow, that's an awesome idea! Had never considered smuggling people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Deever
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggling people? Awesome idea- I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.