Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed this on Kickstarter, but I'm barely hanging on. I want this to be a strategic and engaging game, but nothing on the Kickstarter is convincing me. The artwork is garish and hard to decipher. The posted "draft" rulebook needs a lot of work. The gameplay video is so dull I can't get through it.

My fear is that the game will end up as a set-collection game with a complex method of collecting sets, but not much else. I'm not afraid of complexity, but it needs to be at the service of something worthwhile. The short play time supports that this might not be the game I hope it to be. I know the artwork won't change, but I can live with it if the game is very, very good.

Those of you going to Essen, go play this game! Come post your thoughts!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up dropping my early bird pledge because I had a lot of the same concerns. One of my favorite games is Brew Crafters because I think the theme really comes through. Improving you brewery, brewing the different recipes, hiring different skilled workers; I feel like I'm running a brewery.

With Beer Empire, the designers claim you aren't forced to brew specific recipes and you get to make your own recipes and brew the beers however you want. The problem is that right now there are only 4 beers and the only flexibility is the ingredients that come with tokens that modify the color, aroma, and taste. But in the end it's still just a standard lager, stout, pilsner, or ale. Where's the coffee stouts, vanilla porters, pumpkin ales, etc.

Some backers have claimed they didn't like Brew Crafters because they thought it was too fiddly, and that's fine if they feel that way, I'm not going to tell them they're wrong. But in BE, with all those tokens being added to your brews and to the judges tile, and placing all those bottle caps on the market boards, I think BE would be just as fiddly if not more.

I'm fine with the artwork and the worker placement looks interesting so I'm hoping this will be a good game, but I think this is one where I'll need to play it first before I buy it. I'd also like to hear other people's experiences from playing it as Essen as well. Maybe they can change my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, yep, we know that rule book needs work - that is why it's called beta
Hope people will say more after playing in Essen.
Today I can give you some feedback from guys who were playing it:

Here you will find some words about Beer Empire as well.
Best wishes,
Irek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! yesterday british bloger and podcaster published review of Beer Empire - I hope this will put more light on gameplay and our vision of this game.

http://www.polyhedroncollider.com/2016/10/beer-empire-kickst...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.