Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4. If the Midianites are not occupying their start land, and haven't split the Northern and Southern kingdoms, if a Heathen conquers a province occupied by a Northern Kingdom unit and a Patriarch, can the Patriarch retreat into a Southern Kingdom province? How about if Midianites DO occupy their start-land; could a Patriarch still retreat from a conquered Northern Kingdom area into a Southern Kingdom area?

5. Rule on page 5 (not counting the cover page) reads " A Hebrew kingdom IS allowed to conquer lands NOT contiguous to its start land." Does this mean they can attack ANYWHERE on the board, as if dropping in from the sky? Or must they still attack FROM an area they already occupy (though perhaps not an area contiguous to its start land) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
5. Rule on page 5 (not counting the cover page) reads " A Hebrew kingdom IS allowed to conquer lands NOT contiguous to its start land." Does this mean they can attack ANYWHERE on the board, as if dropping in from the sky? Or must they still attack FROM an area they already occupy (though perhaps not an area contiguous to its start land) ?

I also thought the same thing at first.

By way of introduction, this rule is contrasting the rule for Heathens, which states that if the Heathens do not occupy their own start land at first, they must use their first token to re-take their start land without further cost. Then they may begin attacking any adjacent province contiguous to their home land. This has to do with the fact that one Heathen color may represent multiple different peoples that are not considered the same kingdom on the Heathens' turn. A blue on the far side of the map may not be an Edomite. For the Heathens, the game starts you off by making sure the Heathen owns the start land and then you proceed from there.

See my response to your other question, here, for context.

However, because the Northern and Southern Kingdoms are always represented by yellow and orange on the board, respectively, any yellow you see is always a Northern Kingdom province of Israel and any orange you see is always a Southern Kingdom province of Israel. Thus, there is no confusion about where each of those kingdoms is on the map, and there is no need to auto-reconquer their start lands to disambiguate their identity.

However, the general rule is that "[a] kingdom may conquer lands belonging to other kingdoms that are adjacent to its own lands."

Thus, for the Heathens, an attack must be:
* Against a province contiguous to its start land; AND
* Adjacent to one of its current lands (this is actually a subset rule of the previous rule above); while

For a Hebrew Kingdom, an attack must be:
* Adjacent to one of its current lands.

If a Hebrew Kingdom has no lands at all, it auto-reconquers its start land and begins again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
4. Patriarchs in the Northern Kingdom are associated with that kingdom only. They may never retreat into Southern Kingdom provinces. And vice versa.
Patriarchs must always retreat into adjacent province of the kingdom they belong to (just in case that needed clarifying)

5.They must attack adjacent to a land they occupy. The only time they parachute in is if they occupy no provinces in which case they must attack their start-land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.