$30.00
$5.00
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, page 5 says that if the attacker fails to conquer a land on its first try, it gets a +1 if the attack is continued "immediately". The "plus" continues to grow as high as 3, if the attacker is very unlucky. Does this modifier go away when the attacker finally attacks elsewhere on the same turn? Or does the attacker keep his plus 1,2,or 3 modifier on ALL future combats during that turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
OK, page 5 says that if the attacker fails to conquer a land on its first try, it gets a +1 if the attack is continued "immediately". The "plus" continues to grow as high as 3, if the attacker is very unlucky. Does this modifier go away when the attacker finally attacks elsewhere on the same turn? Or does the attacker keep his plus 1,2,or 3 modifier on ALL future combats during that turn?

No, it is just for that particular land. If he attacks another one, it starts at a +0 and will potentially grow if the combat fails in that new land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:

The modifier goes away if the attacker stops attacking that province and attacks another province OR does something else with tokens (like build cities). Even if he comes back to the first province, there will be no modifier on the new initial attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kendall
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
O.Shane is completely correct with his answer. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.