Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 8 says that One action is placing a Patriarch in the active kingdom. "This Patriarch may come for player's supply or it may be removed from the map and placed again". Would this second option: A) require TWO actions (removing Patriarch from map to player's supply AND THEN placing it back on the board)? Or B) do you just pick up a Patriarch from one province and place him in another?

The next part I find ambiguous. " The player may NOT remove a Patriarch from the map simply to make way for of another." If the answer to my first question is 'B', the Patriarch doesn't really come "off the map"; he just moves to another land. I'm not sure how this rule is enforceable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
Page 8 says that One action is placing a Patriarch in the active kingdom. "This Patriarch may come for player's supply or it may be removed from the map and placed again". Would this second option: A) require TWO actions (removing Patriarch from map to player's supply AND THEN placing it back on the board)? Or B) do you just pick up a Patriarch from one province and place him in another?

The answer is A. It's all one action: you pick up a Patriarch and re-place him in another province.

Quote:
The next part I find ambiguous. " The player may NOT remove a Patriarch from the map simply to make way for of another." If the answer to my first question is 'B', the Patriarch doesn't really come "off the map"; he just moves to another land. I'm not sure how this rule is enforceable.

What it means is that you cannot place a Patriarch into a land another Patriarch occupied earlier in the same turn. It is easily enforceable in the same turn.

It cannot possibly mean that over the whole game that if you "intended" to move a Patriarch now to replace him later with a different Patriarch on a future turn, that the removal is invalid. You're right that this would be functionally unenforceable and as such is probably not the right interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.