Subject: ETA? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John R
United States
Jamestown
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Does anyone know the new expected arrival date? Last I heard was sometime in the beginning of November so my group set up a time to hopefully play the weekend of November 19th. But after the most recent update I get the feeling it may be a bit too soon. Is there a chance it could be here by then or do we need to reschedule for december?

Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Considering the last update https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/p... mentions they don't even have the production sample yet I'm personally/mentally pushing this one off until next year (hopefully before the Chinese New Year it'll get out the door).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
Considering the last update https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/p... mentions they don't even have the production sample yet I'm personally/mentally pushing this one off until next year (hopefully before the Chinese New Year it'll get out the door).

Yes, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we see this by the end of 1Q17.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:

I've updated my mental delivery date to February 2017, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mental self is shedding a mental tear of sadness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It just went up for preorder on a FLGS's site for December 2016. I'm not sure if they have more info than we do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
My mental shelf is going mental.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ebner
Austria
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the production sample is being delivered to Essen so thats something. Also very excited to have a look at it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are lucky. I'm still waiting for my mental tracking number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe for example needed about 3 months from the production sample to arrive in europe. I think for the US it was about a month earlier.

So if there are no major issues with this sample, I would expect it in about 2-3 months. I hope for a nice Christmas present, let's see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread where guy expects Kickstarter game on schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also really still hoping for a 2016 delivery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Was hoping to have it for BGG Con. If not then January+ is best.
I have 12 Standee and 12 Mini copies. If they arrive before the end of the year I have to count them in inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still hope to see a delivery in very late 2016 (same with the Millenium Blades reprint), but I would not bet on it. Also: mental.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
I admit I'm very ignorant about production and shipping times, but in the Sept 9th update, Issac said the factory told him production should be finished by "early next month," which would be this month (October). What makes people think that's no longer accurate? Yes, he didn't get his production sample when expected, but he explained that was due to a week-long holiday; why would that have any bearing on the overall production pace? Or, at least, why would it matter more so than just a week's delay?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know much about production of these things and stuff, but isn't a production sample the thing you should get right before actual production starts, so you can see for yourself if everything will come out as you have imagined it?
Or is it "just" one of the first copies produced that is simply delivered to you right away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
Neva Kee wrote:
I don't know much about production of these things and stuff, but isn't a production sample the thing you should get right before actual production starts, so you can see for yourself if everything will come out as you have imagined it?
Or is it "just" one of the first copies produced that is simply delivered to you right away?

The former is my understanding of it (a final check copy before full production starts). Could be wrong, if so great that means we'll get it sooner. I may have to adjust my mental estimate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
My impression was the latter - one of the first copies produced that was air-shipped instead of by boat. Here are the relevant quotes from Issac's Sept 9th update:

"The factory says they'll be finished with production by early next month, and then we're just a boat ride and a couple truck rides away from getting all your pledges fulfilled."

"I will have one or two advance production copies to show off, but unfortunately I won't have copies to actually sell at that point. They'll be on a boat somewhere because it is too expensive to air-freight them over in time for the show."

To me, that sounds like production is in full swing, and he was supposed to have one or two finished copies sent to him prior to Essen, but weren't shipped due to a holiday. Those copies weren't sent in time, but I'm not sure that's a reason to think production itself was delayed more than a week.

I'm also just really hoping our copies ship some time next month, so I'm very biased towards hoping that will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently going mental playing Arkham and Eldritch to pass the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
unequalled wrote:
I'm currently going mental playing Arkham and Eldritch to pass the time.

Joe Diamond takes two Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flavio collovini
Italy
flag msg tools
The factory sent the sample only for the confirmation of the tuck-boxes and envelopes. The productions is started many weeks ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/p...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
So ETA =??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna guess Jan 2017 for backers, Feb 2017 for retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonugh
msg tools
fh13 wrote:
Neva Kee wrote:

The former is my understanding of it (a final check copy before full production starts). Could be wrong, if so great that means we'll get it sooner. I may have to adjust my mental estimate

Well Isaac said in the last update that full sets of components are being produced, so production has definitely begun. I have no special insight into the process, but from reading the updates:

It looks like before this sample, there were effectively two other samples produced over the last couple months.

There were the Proofs, which were huge sheets that had all the images of the cards, standees, pages from the scenario and rulebooks, etc. printed out but not actually cut out. This would probably be to check for image quality, final typo check, stuff like that.

There was also the White Box, which had the physical components manufactured but nothing printed on them. This would presumably be to check that everything fits where its supposed to, get an idea for the actual size and weight of the product, etc.

So there might not be any need to wait for a fully realized production sample to start producing the components (and according to the last update, they haven't waited).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
Issac himself told people who would preorder the game at Essen, that it would be delivered at the same time as the backer copies in about two months, so that is his own estimate of the situation.
So if no other delays occur, this will hopefully be it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.