Subject: Onirim: The Road Signs (an unofficial fan expansion) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So – here it is: I finally decided to present my expansion for „Onirim”. I focused mainly on the base game, in order to increase the level of difficulty.
Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated!
Have fun!

ONIRIM: THE ROAD SIGNS

Components
15 Road Sign cards (5 in each (I, II, III) Level))
Set up
Shuffle all 10 (Level I and II) Road Sign cards. Reveal 3 the Level I cards and 2 the Level II cards that you place face up on the table; remove the remaining Road Sign cards from the game.
Variant: for a more difficult game, reveal 2 the Level I cards and 3 the Level II cards.
When playing with “The Glyphs” expansion, shuffle the Level III Road Sign cards (except the card which depicts a Glyph and a Key – add this card if you want a more challenging game), reveal 2 the Level III cards and place them next to the 5 revealed cards.

Additional victory condition
In order to win the game, you must also turn all the Road Sign cards face down on the table (you must still obtain all the Door cards of the base game). The last Road Sign card may be turned face down before or after the last Door card has been placed.

The Road Signs
A Road Sign card depicts information about the condition of fulfillment. There are 2 types of the Road Sign cards (see the list of all cards below):
1)this type of the Road Sign cards shows which 2 symbols must be used in a serie of 3 cards of the same color.
2)this type of the Road Sign cards shows which 1 or 2 symbols must be played in specific positions in a serie of 3 cards of the same color.

Gameplay
Same as in the basic game except for the following:
Each time, when you played the 3rd card in a row of the same color and obtained a Door card, check out if the condition of any face-up Road Sign card is fulfilled for the last serie – turn this card face down. If several Road Sign cards have their condition fulfilled at the same time, you decide which one you want to turn face down.
If a total number of the face-down Road Sign cards is exactly 2 or 4 (or 6 - when playing with “The Glyphs” expansion) you can trigger a Purgatory:
Purgatory: Look through the discard pile for a Location card of your choice and place it on top of the deck. The symbol of this Location card must correspond to the symbol on one of the last two Road Sign cards turned face down.
In order to keep track of the last 2 Road Sign cards (turned face down), you can use the Little Incubus pawn. Each time when you turned a Road Sign card face down, put this Road Sign card under the Little Incubus. After resolving a Purgatory take both cards away from the Little Incubus.
Variant: for a more difficult game, play without the triggering of the Purgatory effect.

Note: you can combine „The Road Signs” with other expansions; theoretically the compatibility with „The Mirrors” expansion is possible, but it isn’t that good in practice.

List of all cards (Onirim: The Road Signs)

Type(1)or2))Level(I,II,III)Position in a serie of 3 cards(1.,2.,3.)

1) II [Moon AND Key]
1) III[Moon AND Glyph]
1) III[Key AND Glyph]
2) I [Sun,X,Sun]
2) I [X,Sun,X]
2) I [Moon,X,X]
2) I [X,Moon,X]
2) I [X,X,Moon]
2) II [Moon,X,Moon]
2) II [Key,X,X]
2) II [X,Key,X]
2) II [X,X,Key]
2) III[Glyph,X,X]
2) III[X,Glyph,X]
2) III[X,X,Glyph]

X - any other symbol which differs from adjacent symbol(s)
(the golden rule of "Onirim")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Joubert
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like an interesting variant. Will you be releasing a set of custom cards for this variant, or should I try to create my own set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
I’m not skilful in graphic design at all - I made a very simple prototype which I put in already sleeved cards of „Troyes”

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tarou yamada
Japan
flag msg tools

Hello.
Since required to play, I've created a card image.
Use and modification are free.
If you use this, I'm glad.
Please enjoy.

1) Open the image in the "original size".
2) printed in any size (100% : 57mm x 40mm)
3) cut.
4) pasted on cardboard or unnecessary card.
5) finished!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Tarou!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.