3 Posts

Devil's Run: Route 666» Forums » Rules

Subject: Token and armor questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Ankney

Pennsylvania
msg tools
I just received Devils Run the other day and I'm playing my first game. There are some things that are not clear in the rule book and I thought I'd post my comments and questions.

First, does anyone have an explanation for what each of the tokens are for? I'm used to game manuals that list the components and explain them. I was surprised this wasn't in the rule book. I think the black tokens with gears are the chassis points, the green with metal plate are armor, the black plastic are debris, and orange plastic are loot. Is that correct? On a side note, I wish that the add on cars came with some extra tokens because mixing and matching gangs may result in too few tokens for health, etc.

Second, I'm really confused on armor and how/if it gets reduced during a game. I ran into the following situation. Player 1 shot at Player 2 with the sawed off shotgun. Three of the bs rolls were successful, so all 3 were critical. This means 6 points of damage. Player 2 rolls for armor and gets all 3 successful armor rolls. The armor is a 4. How many armor tokens do I remove? Is it one for each point of damage (in this case there wouldn't be enough, so I'd have to reduce chassis points), one for each die roll (3 for this example), just one in total for the entirety of the attack, or no tokens get removed? If tokens are taken away, does the car have a reduced armor rating?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn Mac Cool
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we use the tokens: stack up gear tokens for CP and green plates for A on each card and remove them as the appropriate damage comes in.

Armour is not removed for general damage and it is not removed before CP. It's not a "buffer" before CP are removed. Armour is only removed if a card specifically says it is. (I don't know the sawed off shotgun card mentions A at all.) If A tokens are removed then the vehicle has a reduced A rating from then on.

In your example, assuming that the sawed off shotgun card does not say it removes A tokens, then if the attack caused three critical hits and the vehicle rolled three A saves (rolling 4 or less for A=4) then the vehicle would take no damage at all: I believe each save cancels one hit, regardless of how much damage it could cause. (See p24: rolling to save "critical hits" first implies that you roll per hit, not per point of damage, though the example talks about points of damage.)

FWIW, there are also cards that cause BS to be removed when damage is caused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ankney

Pennsylvania
msg tools
Thanks, that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.