9 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » General

Subject: Binder Durability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone have any issues with the binder slots ripping after use? On one of my binders the bottom of the sleeves were open without even using them.

I'm using fantasy flight sleeves which are a little thick and they fit fine but I'm hoping that the sleeves won't break over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My green binder had a defect. Contacted ship naked and they sent me a new one.

It is not a durability issue, it is a manufacturing issue. The sleeve was put too high on the binder page when the press heaten it to "glue" it, so the "seal" at the bottom is very thin, sometimes none-existant, so it breaks, making it open at top and bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Right, I realize my issue is a defect, I'm just hoping that using thick sleeves doesn't eventually rip the sleeve bottoms out of the binder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
My green binder had a defect. Contacted ship naked and they sent me a new one.

Same here.
Red binder pages weren't attached to the cover, they sent me a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Wilhelmi
Germany
Husum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem with the white binder.

I will contact Ship Naked after I finished sleeping the game for a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that the binders are cut 3/4 .
Two binders are slightly damaged/ badly made.

And I can't close the box now after sleeving all cards. If I take one binder out it closes. This works now so thqt I can read the binders to get familiar with the classes and cards.
If the card stock would have been thicker that would have been an even greater issue.
I had no problem putting two cards in a slot in the binder.

I am a bit worried though that the binders will need replacing if you use them a lot.
At this time they make some great reading material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KrisVerbeeck wrote:

And I can't close the box now after sleeving all cards. If I take one binder out it closes. This works now so thqt I can read the binders to get familiar with the classes and cards.
If the card stock would have been thicker that would have been an even greater issue.

I am a bit worried though that the binders will need replacing if you use them a lot.

What I'm probably going to do is toss the insert. Everything will fit in the box if I do that. The box is so huge already, no idea why they didn't just increase the height a bit more so everything fits with sleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
KrisVerbeeck wrote:

What I'm probably going to do is toss the insert. Everything will fit in the box if I do that. The box is so huge already, no idea why they didn't just increase the height a bit more so everything fits with sleeved cards.

I'm guessing it was a detail that was overlooked. I'm sure if they had to do it again, they'd make the box a bit taller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarryCanyon wrote:
Anyone have any issues with the binder slots ripping after use? On one of my binders the bottom of the sleeves were open without even using them.

I'm using fantasy flight sleeves which are a little thick and they fit fine but I'm hoping that the sleeves won't break over time.

As they are used for play rather than archival purposes, I'm sure they will break down over time; hopefully, later rather than sooner.

I'm wondering if anyone has found any good alternatives for when this happens when people need a working solution as the binders aren't for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.